• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-X79-UD3 and intel Q19D not posting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emorris1911

This is my first post and i want to say in advance, thank you for reading and for any comments(good or bad).
My specs. to begin with,are:

cpu: Intel q19d 8-core @ 1.6ghz es a4 stepping
Mobo: ga-x79-ud3 bios vf3
gpu: geforce 8800 gtx
memory: 4x1gb g-skill ddr3 10600
ssd: ocz agility 3 240gb
hdd: 2x400gb hitachi

Problem: need to update bios to f10 or f11,but cannot even post to bios to use the qflash or @BioS features. I have tried booting with nothing but the cpu, diagnostic beeps :) but no post ,added memory, again diagnostic beeps :) but no post ,added gpu, no diagnostic beeps no post nothing but a restart loop from hell.:cry:
I am not a newb, but by far do not claim to know it all, any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you

To be honest i am cheap and got this processor for next to nothing, soooo i thought i could use it on the board i already have(asus x79 pro) but it wont post on that board either. After reading quite a few forums about the q19d i found two instances where people used the ga-x79-ud3 board with a bios vf10 or vf11 and had stellar results.

Hate to revive and old thread, but I tried a Q19D on an MSI X79A-GD45 with BIOS 1.0 through 1.7 and it wouldn't post. I also tried my Asus P9X79 and it wouldn't post on that one either. Sadly, it did absolutely nothing, no beeps noise or anything.

Back