• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ga7 VAX resetting cmos.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingaaar

I set my memory timings wrong. its locked up good and proper, wont even load bios. I tried to reset cmos using a screwdriver to join the two contents together (where gigabyte neglected to put a jumper connection) but nothing.

I can believe they havnt wired this circuit on the board.... what makes them think the dual bios is infalable?

Anyone know how to reset the cmos before I short everything out with a screwdriver just for the sake of screwing a board that isnt physically screwed but is! (if you have been in a similar position you will know what I mean!)

gingaar

gingaaar
Unplug the powercord first, press the power button to discharge(should see the fans twitch), then take out the battery and short the contacts in the socket with a screwdriver.
Shorting the solder pads, as you did, usually works but somtimes there is a thin layer over the solder which doesnt allow proper contact. You could try carefully scratching the solder to clean it.
Just make sure the PSU is unplugged whichever method you use as you dont want to fry it.
Hood

could be either the Ram or the CPU. Specially a Duron is NOT suppost to run @ 180 fsb!!! :p thats hogher than most Athlon's can be pushed. Id try to borrow both a stick of ram and/or a CPU :)

Nope

Duron! Screwed! Huff! Puff! Snort etc!

ok, a biut of an exageration.... no my duron is fine, I purchased a new board as I knew it was a pointless excersize. plugged all the old stuff in, stuck it in a new case I have had lieing aaround for ages.

It WORKED! Gigabyte (again!)GA-7DX, 55 quid! pah...still I needed one.

Motherboard definately screwed, its in the bin with the rest of todays chiken and cold baked beans (and the babies nappy)

Pah! And all becuase of dual bios...

I am now looking to get my Duron back up to 180MHZ (360 DDR) on this board.

Durons are a hardy chip...

Back