• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gamer PC 2500 or 2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AcidViper

Iv pretty much finished this comp but i need some second opinions, Barton or the Tbred, im OC'ing soooo I'm sure I can get the 2500+ Up to or around 3000+ speeds I dunno much about TBred though, but it was offered over the Barton 2500 a few times, you be the judge. Thanx for your time.. PeacE!

Money no issue? Get the barton. Money an issue? Get a tbred 2100+ JIUHB. They should clock to around the same speed from what I've heard (2.3-2.6 ghz if you put some work into it) The barton at the same speed should be a little faster, but it'll cost you, what, 90$ more or so? And I believe I have heard it runs hotter also. Oh and be sure your motherboard supports a 333mhz fsb chip if you get the barton.

Lithan said:
Money no issue? Get the barton. Money an issue? Get a tbred 2100+ JIUHB. They should clock to around the same speed from what I've heard (2.3-2.6 ghz if you put some work into it) The barton at the same speed should be a little faster, but it'll cost you, what, 90$ more or so? And I believe I have heard it runs hotter also. Oh and be sure your motherboard supports a 333mhz fsb chip if you get the barton.

Ditto that. The 2100+ would be a great chip for most people since it is so cheap and its ability of overclock is awsome since you can get so much out of it and it's only a 90.00 chip whereas the Barton 2500+ or T-Bred 2700+ are 200.00 and they don't overclock any better than the 2100+.

If you're going to go for a T-Bred, I'd just go for a 2100+ AIUHB stepping. If you're going Barton, check out the 2500+.

i would as well get the 2100+ because it will overclock to around 2.3ghz

the 2500+ will perform a little better and overclock to 2.3-2.4ghz on air cooling so if you have the cash, go for it, if not the 2100+ is a great choice

thnx

Kthx guys, money isnt a big issue, i prolly should have added that, so imma go with the 2500, and may even setup a 2100 for other things. PeAce!

Last edited:
Back