• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games Freezing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psittac

For some reason yesterday morning league of legends started locking up for 10-30 seconds, then later in the day it worked fine. today it's doing the same thing. My hardware is all set to default specs. I uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers and control center with no luck.

When I go to manage my devices it says the video controller failed. When I uninstall my driver a second "vga device" shows up and returns to normal when I install the driver.

Is this video controller the onboard device?

Also a pci simple communications isn't installed properly and my only pci device is a lan card which is working, I uninstall and reinstall the driver and it doesn't help.

I'm on Vista ult 64-bit and thinking of getting windows 7 in hopes this solves everything.

Recently my brothers 3d card went bad in the device manager. Uninstalled and reinstalled yielded the same error. Installing older drivers showed the card as functional, but it still had issues. Ended up just replacing it.

Are there any other issues that experience the same issues?
I know that when I tried out LOL some time ago I had to run it as administrator, otherwise the game would crash for me.

I replaced Vista 64-bit with Windows 7 64-bit and have no problems any more

I'm thinking that either vista 64 is complete fail (which it is) or something got corrupted because nothing was changed when the issue started.

But at any rate i'm not having the problem any more

Also it was only in video games that it would happen

Back