• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

general fan question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevr

Currently I have three big 120mm fans in my case, and one fan on the heatsink for the CPU. When I look at the fan sensors, it shows that the three 120mm case fans run at 300 RPM, 600 RPM, and 600 RPM. The CPU heatsink fan runs at about 3000 RPM. None of it is watercooled.

My question is:

What would be better for my CPU, replacing the 120mm (300, 600, 600 RPM) fans with water cooled fans or fans that run at higher RPM, or replacing the CPU heatsink fan with a water cooled CPU fan?

My CPU has overheating problems and I sit at 3.34ghz at 60c or so, I'd like to overclock it a bit or just use the turbo core technology up to 3.7ghz but the cpu heats up too much with this stock stuff.

Thanks for reading and the help in advance!

EDIT: Also, the heatsink that came with the cpu isn't fully locked on, it was too tight of a fit so I put it on just enough for it to be tight and not move or fall off. Would this create a heating problem? The heatsink is fit very tightly and does not budge at all. I know it's kind of ghetto, but it's as tight as fully locked heatsinks

Last edited:
How about a pic of your case and a model name/number of your cpu heatsink?

Back