• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gentleman, it is time...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nah... No reason to avoid untill we've got one that does some crazy numbers.

Like... I don't think anybody is going to want to take on the E6400 anytime soon. That chip treated us REAL good.

But that E6300 of yours... If it's a good one is worth some killer points also.

But again... Nope... No reason to avoid chips untill the team already has some killer scores with one.

Thats how I see it anyway...

EDIT:

BTW... Here's my predictions for your near future. And I say this cause I've been there... LOL

You're going to get all setup... Start benching happy as a clam on air with those 775 chips. You'll even put up some decent scores!

But then... This evil thought is gonna creep into your head... And it's going to drill at you Endlessly.

"I wonder what that *insert blank chip name here* would have done if I could have gotten it colder?"

The next thing you know... You'll have a CPU pot and a dewar or a cooler for DICE on the way.

That's my prediction anyway! LOL
+1

that is what happens to us all.

Nah... No reason to avoid untill we've got one that does some crazy numbers.

Like... I don't think anybody is going to want to take on the E6400 anytime soon. That chip treated us REAL good.

But that E6300 of yours... If it's a good one is worth some killer points also.

But again... Nope... No reason to avoid chips untill the team already has some killer scores with one.

Thats how I see it anyway...

EDIT:

BTW... Here's my predictions for your near future. And I say this cause I've been there... LOL

You're going to get all setup... Start benching happy as a clam on air with those 775 chips. You'll even put up some decent scores!

But then... This evil thought is gonna creep into your head... And it's going to drill at you Endlessly.

"I wonder what that *insert blank chip name here* would have done if I could have gotten it colder?"

The next thing you know... You'll have a CPU pot and a dewar or a cooler for DICE on the way.

That's my prediction anyway! LOL

I think I'd be tempted to agree. I'll probably find myself torturing a handful of chips under air, then get the thirst for the LN2 :)

PS:

IT'S ARRIVED!!!!

Forgot I got it posted to the Uni :sn: It was waiting for me in the departmental mail room.

The 336 has arrived as well, so I'll need to make sure it lives tonight :)

Attachments

• 380949_10100106857623871_61001569_46103510_1838504948_n.jpg
    380949_10100106857623871_61001569_46103510_1838504948_n.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 55
when you get near the top spots in a class with lots of submissions the points go up rather quickly, so I say work each chip for all its worth, esp if there are many submissions

when you get near the top spots in a class with lots of submissions the points go up rather quickly, so I say work each chip for all its worth, esp if there are many submissions

Yea, that's what I'd go with as well. Torture, torture, torture until it just won't give up any more MHz; then move on.

I'll be freezing at least the 3960X and probably an FX-8150 if my fears about the Intel chip come true (my guess: it tops out at 5.3).

Moving up: 51. 76,42pts flag Mario1 Enthusiast 74,20 22,20
The 2600 Pro was good for 5-6 team boints, it ain't much, but I'm doing my best.
Will re-run once I get a new CPU cooler and some thermal paste for the card.

Moving up: 51. 76,42pts flag Mario1 Enthusiast 74,20 22,20
The 2600 Pro was good for 5-6 team boints, it ain't much, but I'm doing my best.
Will re-run once I get a new CPU cooler and some thermal paste for the card.

Good Job Mario!

No problem hokie, I'm just glad I could contribute.
I've emailed a couple of companies requesting a sponsorship (low-profile HD6 series graphics card, since I'm writing an article on HTPCs), HIS is a no-go, but I'm hoping any of the other companies has a spare one.
They'll probably all say no, but if somehow a company decides to send 1 over I'll be able to get 10-15 more boints.
P.S Will request my Foxconn G31MX-K to get added to the hwbot db in a few, should get us 5,2 or so from reference clock submission. :thup:

I've emailed a couple of companies requesting a sponsorship (low-profile HD6 series graphics card, since I'm writing an article on HTPCs), HIS is a no-go, but I'm hoping any of the other companies has a spare one.
They'll probably all say no, but if somehow a company decides to send 1 over I'll be able to get 10-15 more boints.

Getting sponsored on your own is a tough bit. If you're requesting such things, make sure you do not use the Overclockers.com name... as we have our own group of reviewers. If you would like to get in on writing reviews here, you'll need to go through the proper channels. :thup:

Getting sponsored on your own is a tough bit. If you're requesting such things, make sure you do not use the Overclockers.com name... as we have our own group of reviewers. If you would like to get in on writing reviews here, you'll need to go through the proper channels. :thup:
The article is going to be posted on my personal website and on here.
Bare in mind that I've let them know that I'm not affiliated with OCF in any way whatsoever.

Back