• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting over 200fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll have to try that 1005Uber bios, since I have been stuck at 208FSB. North bridge, southbridge, cpu and case cooling have all been modified. My ram is good to 215MHz CAS2 and 2.8vdimm, have a 550W Antec TC psu, even tried the pencil chipset voltage mod which increased the chipset voltage from 1.597V to 1.650V. Nothing has let me break the 208FSB barrier. I was gonna try the FSB Sense 166/200 socket wire trick but never got around to it.

I read here and at www.nforcershq.com that the chipset voltage menu in the uber bios does not actually change the voltage at all. Several people tested it with multimeters and claimed the only way adjust chipset voltage on the A7N8X boards is through physically modding the board itself. There's info about it n this thread...
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=615

Last edited:
mustanley, i think you're right, i'm registered at nforcershq.com and i didn't need to read that the menu voltage did nothing for the chipset, figured it out on my own, i thought it worked, just ended up being my mem timings needing to be relaxed from

2.5t

to

2.5t

after successfully to doing the vcore mod though, i haven't got much further, i really need to do the physical chipset voltage mod

i'll let you all know where i'm at when i'm done(got to get another damn pot)

p.s.-at 2.18v on vcore, temps while priming didn't go over 53c(that's on air, listed in sig) and same w/ sisoft sandra and 3dmark

I got the best memory scores in sisoft sandra using 11-3-2-2CL.
I tried 10-3-2-2, 9-3-2-2, 8-3-2-2, 7-3-2-2, 6-3-2-2, and so on.
Stability was not an issue, even at 4-3-2-2.

Looks like I broke 208FSB finally. I hadn't tried upping it since loading the official 1006 bios, and tonight it's running at 215MHz dual channel. Haven't testing with p95 yet, but it is running the beta Folding@home client like a champ. My current speed is just under 2590MHz with chilled water.

Back