• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ghetto Ice water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Arn't you worried about your horse knocking over the water/pc

seems like a bit of a waste, why not just mount it on the side instead of top of pc.

anyway..

no that is a labrador. hes about 110lbs. My mastiff is about 160lbs. They never even touched it before. The computer is usally under my desk, but i pulled it out for the pic. Let me reiterate that fact that the res is TEMP-O-RARY

Alien1099 said:
Thanks. I'll keep that suggestion under consideration. You have firmly established dominance over me.
LOL

Anyway, awsome setup! How long will the ice keep it cold under load? I would guess that it melts up pretty quick... The LN2 would be sweet!!! Gonna get some condensation there tho... Good work keep us posted. I am interested in seeing how LN2 works!

hung said:
4GHZ eh?

*looks at 3.8 oc in bios, hmm..*

said try for 4.0ghz. Havent hit it yet. Last for about 15 minutes then the ice melts. Thank you everyone for your concern for my computer. I break it I buy another one. So no worries.

Alien - Keep your comments to yourself. I dont come into your threads and make smarta$$, stupid remarks. This is now over.

Stupidpenguin said:
said try for 4.0ghz. Havent hit it yet. Last for about 15 minutes then the ice melts. Thank you everyone for your concern for my computer. I break it I buy another one. So no worries.

Alien - Keep your comments to yourself. I dont come into your threads and make smarta$$, stupid remarks. This is now over.

Smartass and stupid remarks? By the way you can type smartass without using dollar signs. Now that is me being a smartass.

I think you misunderstand what I'm saying. All of this... just about EVERYTHING here on this site is all about our "e-penises" in a way. To deny it is well... denial. :) I've said that one of the reasons I decided to go with watercooling was for the whole e-penis and coolness factor. I can go dig up the post where I said as much about myself if you like. Will that sooth your feelings? I wasn't insulting you. It's just a phrase. Almost everybody on this forum likes posting pictures and information on their setup and getting compliments and or suggestions. That is a part of the whole e-penis factor.

However, you've blatantly insulted me after thinking I've called you, I don't know, a risk taker with adverse risk vs reward? I think you need to work on your sense of humor and stop taking things so seriously.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with what Alien said. He put forth a general guideline to be careful and watch out for your componenets. We do not know you, we do not know if you have done this ever before, or if you can afford to buy more components quickly (I sure as hell can't).

I would have said something very similar to what Alien and the others have said. And to agree yet again with Alien that these forums are here to brag about things that you have accomplished and also to learn about new and exciting technology. What do you think the Frosty pic thread is for, anyway?!

All in all, it is an interesting idea and you are getting some awesome temps there Penguin. And as others have said just be careful (I understand that this is a temporary thing, but not all things go as planned).

Stupidpenguin said:
mods just delete this whole thread. apparently I all still have a lot of growing up to do.
Fixed. He was just trying to warn you of pending danger, you are the one that lost your cool.

lol holy touchy people batman.

Any thread with the word "ghetto" in the title shouldn't be taken too seriously. Let alone the OP blatantly saying this was him playing around and temporary...

Unless he's filling that entire "reservoir" with ice the water temp thats actually going through the system isn't going to be less than ambient so stop with the condensation stuff already :) Even if it did dip below ambient that 120x2 rad is going to bring it right back up :beer:

And to the OP, just as an FYI filtered water might get rid of most minerals but not most of the crap that actually causes growth. Same thing with de-ionized water. Not a biggie since you are using some sort of additive (if its just AF do a touch of iodine) just an FYI.

First off... Looking at the horse's face, its definetly a lab. YAY DOGS!!!

Second...
crfracer290 said:
My friend also had the idea to get canned air, turn it upside down, and spray it on the CPU.
Im guessing thats on a HS? Might be hella fun and kinda neat... But given how quickly my friends arm thawed out after that, I'm not sure it can make the effect last long enough to yeild any results.:bang head If only it worked. -- Someone should try.

Third & Last -- Come on ppl, lighten up a bit. Have fun and take sh*t in stride... Just send it right back in a light hearted way. :beer:

This is a good idea, and Its what I plan on doing when I get my WC setup.

Make sure ya insulate well man!

And both of you, alien and penguin... Im tellling you, your going to get a bad rep, not to mention a possible ban for flamming. Its not funny, and its not cool; Its childish and way immature. L.I.G.. Let it go.

nvidiaOCmaster said:
This is a good idea, and Its what I plan on doing when I get my WC setup.

Make sure ya insulate well man!

And both of you, alien and penguin... Im tellling you, your going to get a bad rep, not to mention a possible ban for flamming. Its not funny, and its not cool; Its childish and way immature. L.I.G.. Let it go.

Yes! I just love to flame! :mad:

I guess I flamed myself too :rolleyes:... here's an old post of mine:

Originally Posted by Alien1099
Originally Posted by fireandice
it made me e penis. bigger awnd the added bling. lol. and the proformance helped to.

but i did it for the bling and keep it for the proformance

That's pretty much why I did it. It's cool. I didn't NEED it, though it helped me overclock my 7900GT video card a ton (165MHz core overclock to 745! ).

Sleepy_Steve said:
Second...
Im guessing thats on a HS? Might be hella fun and kinda neat... But given how quickly my friends arm thawed out after that, I'm not sure it can make the effect last long enough to yeild any results.:bang head If only it worked. -- Someone should try.

I am nit sure how he thought it could be done. But maybe like a custom copper block with a tiny hole to put the plastic straw into, i dont know :shrug:
And a can would only last like 3 minutes at half spray so it would be very inefficient.

Back