• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H + AMD 1090t + GTX 580 = no OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FaD

Hello this is my first time i post here, as the hadline shows i have problems with overclicking my system with my akktual hardware. i tried to oc my cpu manual with MB and with the software amd Overdrive, both didnt worked for me even i could not overclock my gtx 580. i bought my pc as a complette package.
Also a auto overclock with AMD overdrive and the Gigabyte oc tool easytune6
didnt worked for me.

So is there any solution to overclock my current cpu and Gpu to max

if i have to buy new hardware, what i have to looking for Motherboard or CPU

i want the best cheap solution, middelclass and highend, because im looking for to play all games in max settings, there i come to my question about my cpu, i found that my cpu is able to go roundabout for max 6x 4.2 ghz to run stabil. is that enough to play all games in max settings? or should i buy a new Motherboard + strong CPU

i found this MB ASRock M3N78D, can this help my OC problem? Because this mothervoard have a Nvidea chip nF720d and it support AMD cpus like mine

btw i have all coolers what i need so u dont have to tell me to care ;)

my pc specs are Power Unit 700 Watt
Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
GTX 580
RAM 4X 2gb 1600

Your explanation of "I cannot overclock" needs to be much very more precise. So why do you think you cannot overclock?

1. Does the board fail to boot back to bios?

2. Does windows fail to boot?

3. Have you tried to increase the FSB/CPU Frequency from 200 to 202 and saved and exitted the bios? Does the board boot up fully then?

4. I imagine that you are trying to overclock very much beyond what is stable and the problems then make it to appear like you cannot overclock.

i got help from some1 other he told me ''You must tune the CPU Vcore and frequenc from DRAM,CPU and timings'' but i dont undertsand it. my bios oc was only multiplicator and cpu vcore. the other stuff i dont understand to oc. please help me

yes windows failed to boot

FaD, please disable and discontinue using any automatic overclocking tools in bios or in Windows. If you will commit yourself to using only the manual controls in bios we will be glad to help you.

ok i will only use the manual controls in bios and now help me please xD

890GPA-UD3H
The one thing that annoyed me with the board was the BIOS. More specifically, the "hidden" advanced features in the BIOS requiring the key combination Ctrl-F1 to access. We have griped about this for YEARS now. It just seems counterintuitive to us to "hide" these features on an enthusiast class motherboard.

Take heed to RGone's comment about the "hidden" advanced bios features that are unlocked with the Ctrl/F1 key stroke combo.

FaD, please put your system info in your "Sig" so that it travels with every post you make. This is a courtesy we employ on the forum. As the thread gets longer it becomes inconvenient to have to refer back to the first few posts. If you want an example of what kind of info we need in the Sig you can look at mine or RGone's Sig for a pattern.

To access the Sig feature go to Quick Links at the top of the page and click on that and then click on Edit Signature.

Attached to this post are some screen shots from your online manual that will help us. The items marked in red are the principle things you will want to interact with as you overclock. There was one other I didn't see and that is Turbo which needs to be disabled. Perhaps you can find it with the Ctrl/F1 keystroke for Advanced options.

Attachments

• Tweaker1.JPG
    Tweaker1.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Tweaker2.JPG
    Tweaker2.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 108
First of all, disable Cool N Quiet, C1E and Turbo (if you can find it). Then go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and configure it to High Performance. These measures should disable all the "green", power saving, downthrottling technology that interferes with overclocking.

Attachments

• Disabled.JPG
    Disabled.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 101
Back