• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Over_G

Registered
I have the Revision 2.1 of the Gigabyte 890 GPA-UD3H with BIOS version FF (latest) It has 4 gigs of G skill Ripjaws running at stock 1333 10666 mhz CL9,Windows 7 X64 home premium SP1.
Anyway,my rig randomly freezes,it has only occurred while using a browser or when the system just idles with nothing open at all. It freezes to the point where I'm forced to push the reset button.
I can watch a movie or play a game,it doesn't have one issue with that. What gives ? :confused:

Download and test the ram with Memtest86+ overnight. Installs on a bootable CD that automatically starts a test routine of the memory. Run at least 4 passes.

Download and test the ram with Memtest86+ overnight. Installs on a bootable CD that automatically starts a test routine of the memory. Run at least 4 passes.

Alright i'll try memtest and report back with the results.
EDIT- I put the system through 4 runs of Memtest,all were PASS, I looked around in the BIOS and decided to try disabling the IGX shared memory on the ATI onboard, and using only the sideport memory,it seems stable again so far.

Last edited:
Back