• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 970A-DS3P Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Muzzychris

Hey, I've read up ALOT on this board and I know it's not the greatest. I have managed to get a stable 4.4 on a fx6300 at 1.380v.
Idle temp 35, prime 95 2hour test 45 max.
Is this safe to run.
Set up is, fx6300 212 cooler, case fans front rear and side. 8gb ddr1600 ram. Xfx xtr 650 gold psu. Thanks!!

You'll have to touch the VRM to see how hot it is. If you can't hold your finger there for more than a second or so, it's likely too hot.

Ah ok I'll try that tomorrow, so I take it even if all the temps I can moniter are low that doesn't mean the vrms aren't overheating? Thanks.

Ah ok I'll try that tomorrow, so I take it even if all the temps I can moniter are low that doesn't mean the vrms aren't overheating? Thanks.

Correct.

As for what you can see with the sensors, it's all good. That said, the DS3P has a 4+1 VRM so it's not the strongest of VRM's.
It also has a heatsink though, so it should be fine with the medium OC you're running.

Back