• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 990FXA-D3 TMPIN 1 & TMPIN2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mario1

Grammer, its my favoriate thing
Uhm yeah, I was wondering what TMPIN1 & TMPIN2 were measuring.
I guess they have the same use on all 990FXA series motherboards (D3/UD3/UD5/UD7) so I'm hoping someone who owns a GB 990FXA-XX motherboard will know.
I believe TMPIN1 is the NB and TMPIN2 is the socket, since TMPIN1 gets to 70c when stress testing and TMPIN2 is always ~10c higher than the CPU temp.
Just to clarify - am I correct?

Attachments

• yusohot2.png
    yusohot2.png
    119 KB · Views: 2,736
I have no idea what is under TMPIN0-2 but I always had weird values there that makes me think that it wasn't correct. Also other soft on UD5 is giving me strange temps. For example in AOD cpu temp never drops under 12*C even when I'm using sub 0 cooling.
I'm ignoring all temps in soft except cpu/core temp as long as everything is quite stable or benchable ( depends what I'm doing ;) )
Not much help from me , maybe someone else will have better answer :)

I have no idea what is under TMPIN0-2 but I always had weird values there that makes me think that it wasn't correct. Also other soft on UD5 is giving me strange temps. For example in AOD cpu temp never drops under 12*C even when I'm using sub 0 cooling.
I'm ignoring all temps in soft except cpu/core temp as long as everything is quite stable or benchable ( depends what I'm doing ;) )
Not much help from me , maybe someone else will have better answer :)
Any help is good help :thup: .
AOD is pretty crappy.
Shows that my CPU goes up to 65c or so, when in reality it doesn't exceed 54-55.
I find it pretty weird, that my NB (if TMPIN1 shows NB temp) goes to 70c without any overclocking whatsoever tho. :shrug:

i don't own a AMD cpu or never did so this is only my opinion that being said,
it boggles my mind when i see people posting pic of there AMD motherboard and cpu temps and that the cpu socket temp are higher then the core temp ?
if i was you i wouldn't feel safe with those core temps in HWmonitor because i can't see your idle temps being 10 degrees cooler the your room(just a guess)
so i would think AOD is right in saying your core temps are 65 degrees i would personally feel safer that AOD is right, but thats just me

i don't own a AMD cpu or never did so this is only my opinion that being said,
it boggles my mind when i see people posting pic of there AMD motherboard and cpu temps and that the cpu socket temp are higher then the core temp ?
if i was you i wouldn't feel safe with those core temps in HWmonitor because i can't see your idle temps being 10 degrees cooler the your room(just a guess)
so i would think AOD is right in saying your core temps are 65 degrees i would personally feel safer that AOD is right, but thats just me
Idle temp is 17c (as you can see in the 'min' field), but the sensor is incorrect when the CPU is idling, plus I've enabled Cool 'n' Quiet & C1E, which downclocks the CPU when its not being utilized.
The ~10c difference between CPU & socket is fairly common.
I'll be good with CPU temps going to 60-65, since this is a temporary CPU, but I'm wondering what TMPIN1 is, since it's been running fairly hot, when CPU is under load.

guess INTEL and AMD have the same sensors lol
now i see the 10 degrees that can be off, you talk about(tcase 55~70)i hope because tcase and tctl are the same and you think the socket temp should be 10 degrees lower?
even at load then agian i could be looking at the wrong data sheet http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/43375.pdf if so sorry
i use everest and it to gives my a 10 degrees difference to but i bump it 10 so i have a buffer but still i don't let my Q6600 get over 60 degrees and if it does i clean my pc out
oh by the way my tmpin1 is my motherboard temp but i got a biostar motherboard witch is air temp in side the case definitely not the same as yours

Last edited:
guess INTEL and AMD have the same sensors lol
now i see the 10 degrees that can be off, you talk about(tcase 55~70)i hope because tcase and tctl are the same and you think the socket temp should be 10 degrees lower?
even at load then agian i could be looking at the wrong data sheet http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/43375.pdf if so sorry
i use everest and it to gives my a 10 degrees difference to but i bump it 10 so i have a buffer but still i don't let my Q6600 get over 60 degrees and if it does i clean my pc out
oh by the way my tmpin1 is my motherboard temp but i got a biostar motherboard witch is air temp in side the case definitely not the same as yours
Pretty positive about TMPIN1 being NB temp on the Gigabyte 990FXA-XX series. :thup:
Also - I believe socket temp should be 10c more than CPU temp, because there's no airflow on the right side of the case whatsoever.
Could be wrong tho. :shrug:

Back