• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte AORUS X470 ULTRA GAMING and Corsair Vengeance LPX Xmp not activated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iuliug

The MB does not boot with Xmp profile activated. The RAMs (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16) - rated at 3200 seems to have Samsung B-die which people seems to think are pretty good for Ryzen - i use 2700x - as per this read of the rams.

Using the Ryzen Ram Calc. they seem to be capable of pretty good timings at 3200. Check attached screen

Any suggestions?

Please advise how i should sett the SOC and VDD voltage in this MB as it seems to only have offset settings. U can see a full overview of the Bios here:

What would be good offset settings?

i used both F42 and F50 bios-es. However F50 does not seems to work with Ryzen Master which freezes when started.

Ty to everyone that takes the time to give input.

Attachments

• Thaireadings.jpg
    Thaireadings.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Ryzen calc.png
    Ryzen calc.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 282
There are often issues with Corsair RAM and Gigabyte motherboards. Sometimes they just don't work together. You can still use manual settings or just use main timings from the XMP profile and everything else at auto.
Gigabyte is sometimes fixing that with new BIOS and Corsair is sometimes releasing an updated version of their RAM.

Even though QVL supposed to be always correct then memory vendors are changing IC and memory profiles within the same product number. Motherboard vendors are testing memory available on the day of the premiere. QVL is barely ever fully updated after that time. I know that ASRock had to update the whole QVL for their AMD series motherboards because too many memory kits were changed in about half a year and users were complaining. Of course not ASRock's fault.

After some research i found out that Ryzen 2 and double rank RAM does not like higher frequencies. manually i got them to work at 2800 14-16-16-32 -1T.

I had no problems to run Samsung or Micron 2x16GB/4x16GB dual rank kits on ASRock or MSI motherboards at ~3466 (depends on motherboard). It's more a matter of BIOS, IMC and some additional settings. For dual rank kits, you can check higher SoC voltage, up to 1.2V. Also, try relaxing tRFC and try with main timings like 16-18-18 at 3200. Anything past 3200 can be tricky and hard to stabilize.
On the other hand, as long as you are happy with the settings then it's fine. Memory affects performance but the difference is not always worth the time spent on stability tests.
Btw. timings on that mem calculator screenshot are unrealistic regarding most memory kits, especially dual rank.

Ty for replay.

Did u try dual rank on Ryzen Gen 2 and worked past 2966? My MB only has off-set voltages for Soc -what wwould be a decent 24h use setting?

What is a safest tRFC for 3200?

i doubt taht MB will invest in tunning the 470 paltform - they will prob concentrate on latest one - bios wise.

Keep tRFC at auto. For 16GB modules, it's quite high like 600+ at 3200+. Depends on the memory kit/IC it can go down to ~400. The motherboard should handle that.
All that you really need is SoC voltage. Some motherboards don't have anything else.

On Ryzen 1000/2000 I was able to set stable 3466 using ASRock X370/470 ITX and ASUS TUF X370 motherboards. It was with Ballistix 3000 CL15 which was on Samsung B. I was checking some other kits too but don't remember what memory was it. The same on X399 max stable in quad-channel/4x16GB was 3466.

In most cases, it's a matter of motherboard as every CPU that I remember could make at least 3200.

Back