• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with XMP Profil Corsair Vengeance XLP 3200 (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Ver 4.32)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bronthosoplex

Hey Guys,

first my specs (Build November 2019)

AMD Ryzen 3600X stock cooler no OC

B450 Aorus Elite (F51) (t topologic)

KFA2 Geforce 2070 Super

2x8 Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Version 4.32) with XMP

Corsair RM750x

System SSD: Crucial MX500 500Gb

Windows 10 Home 64x 1909 Build 18363.863

I´m currently struggling with my RAM. A few weeks ago i started to experience some problems with my System, random BSOD´s an freezes, mostly while Gaming (Mount & Blade: Bannerlord), and while streaming. I did a quick research and most articles i could find pointed out my RAM as the problem. So I checked it with memtest86 and found some errors, between 4 and 16 per check. Then i contacted my reseller to rma it. no problem there, so i ordered a new set of sticks, Same specs (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Version 4.32) to upgrade after the rma to 32Gb and swapped them.

Now to the interesting part: My system is not able to activate the XMP Profile. I get Memory and kernel related BSOD´s while booting as soon as i enable the xmp profile. I checked the new sticks with memtest86 and couldn´t find any errors. I tried switches slots i tried interchanging sets and i tried all 32Gb together. nothing else then my old faulty set of sticks is working on XMP profile.

Does anybody have a idea why this is happening and how i could resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

1. Corsair RAM seems to have more compatibility issues with Ryzen than some others. The best choice seems to be G.Skill products. Did you check the QVL list for compatiblity of your RAM before purchasing it. I wonder if the memtest86 errors were due to bad RAM or poor compatibility.
2. Given 1. above, it becomes increasingly likely that you will have more problems when moving from 16gb of RAM to 32 gb. More strain on the IMC.
3. You may be able to resolve your issues by manually adjusting timings. Guides and tables have been developed for doing this. They can be helpful but do not always solve the issues.
4. Make sure you have the latest bios installed on your motherboard. If not, flash it to the latest. Many bios updates for socket AM4 motherboards have been devoted to solving RAM compatibility issues.

hey trents, thanks for the reply.
1. Thats bad to hear, i think i will try a G.Skill product (Flare X
DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 1.35V
16GB (2x8GB)) It was recomendet in another post.
2. Because of that i will dump my plas of upgrading to 32Gb
3. Did not try that because of lack of confidence and knowhow but might need to learn it.
4. i just recently (three days ago) upgradet to the most recent bios version f51

Thanks. I now stand in front of a new Problem: in the QVL the Flare X is only as a 32Gb kit marked as compatible. I assume a 16Gb kit will be fine as well?

If you're buying new memory, you might as well go to 3600MHz, as that is the ideal spec for the system. Real world it probably won't make a noticeable difference, so if you've already ordered or there's a substantial price difference, then go ahead and use the 3200.

Thanks for the Tip. I did not yet ordered a new set. i cant find a suitable set, but i intend to buy 3600mhz RAM. On the QVL there is no G.Skill Flare X 16GB Kit listed, as stated beforehand.
I am not sure with type to choose.
And sadly the G.Skill website doesn´t list my Mobo in its QVL´s...

Does anybody have a recomendation?

What am I missing. Your current kit is actually on the QVL for that motherboard. I'm sure what happened is that the IC was changed but the SKU was not. There is also a chance that the two separate kits that you ordered are not perfectly matched. Please make sure you don't mix up the kits. If you're able to return all of the Corsair memory without paying a restocking fee, then ordering more memory sounds fine, but I don't think you should give up just yet if you're somewhat stuck with the memory you have.

Trying each kit one at a time, I would suggest manually entering the timings in BIOS, but leaving the sub timings on auto. If you can enable XMP then you can do it. First step is to restore factory defaults to the BIOS. Did you do this prior to enabling XMP on the new sticks? I find it's always best to start fresh with memory on Ryzens. On your board it will be under "Advanced Memory Settings." Set "memory timing mode" to manual. Then enter the XMP rated timings (tCL 16, tRCDWR 18, tRP 18, tRAS 36) and leave everything else on Auto. You'll also need to manually set memory frequency 3200MHz and open up "Advanced Voltage Control" to set the memory voltage to 1.35v.

I can send the second newer pack back without a fee, we have a 14 day period to send back every online bought product without a reason in germany.

I will try to with my old batch, maybe the errors that memtest86 reported are software or voltage and timing related and this will fix it. the old set i can RMA at my reseller as they were bought in november if i won´t be able to fix it.

I only choose to buy a second pair of the corsairs because i thought i might be able to combine them, after the RMA, to a 32Gb kit. Now I regret to have not properly informed myself.
And I think I will upgrade to a 3600Mhz kit either way, but maybe later this year, right now I would only like to have a stable system, which will not randomly BSOD while gaming or watching Youtube.
Do you have a recommendation for me?

That first post in Reddit was made 3 years ago. AMD and motherboard partners have greatly improved RAM compatibility since then with bios updates and each generation of Ryen CPUs has seen improvement in that issue but some issues with some memory kits and some motherboards remain.

From the second post, the key in that discussion is "if it's CL14, it's most certainly Samsung B die." The 3200 mhz Samsong B die kits offered almost guaranteed compatibility even with first gen Ryzen. The Samsung B die IC was used in the G.Skill Ripjaws X 3200 mhz CL14 kits but is no longer in production. In large part I imagine because they were more expensive and the compatibility issues seen with first gen Ryzens had improved significantly in the second and third gen Ryzens. I stand by what I said earlier, however, that in general compatibility issues seems to happen less often with G. Skill products.

If I were you, I'd browse the customer reviews of some 3600 mhz memory products on New Egg and Amazon and get a feel for what memory products are getting high approval rates by most customers on a variety of motherboards. You might even find a review from someone who has your same motherboard.

Another thing that could help would be to bump the RAM voltage up a tad and/or the SOC voltage. But first, I would try adjusting timings as Zerileous suggested, using only 16gb of RAM.

Good morning guys,

I just tried to do the suggested changes in my BIOS but I was unable to change most of the parameters or not in expected way.
Most input rows stayed greyed out or didn´t respond to double clicking or the keyboard.
I attached some pictures so maybe you can point out what I did wrong (I´m sorry for not resizing them).
Thanks again for your help!

1. Do I need to choose the halved values, as displayed for Dual Channel Modules?

IMG_20200520_131057[1].jpg

2. I was unable to change any values in this screen.

IMG_20200520_130654[1].jpg

IMG_20200520_130707[1].jpg

IMG_20200520_130724[1].jpg

IMG_20200520_130749[1].jpg

IMG_20200520_131057[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200520_131156[1].jpg
    IMG_20200520_131156[1].jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,597
Last edited:
In the first image, those don't look like halved values gut full DDR frequencies (DDR=Double Data Rate).

In the fourth pic down, the CAS Latency and the other "primary" timings show an odd number value (15). Many say Ryzen does not like odd numbers in the primary timing table. That could be your issue.

As far as being unable to change the values in some bios screens, try the following keyboard keys: "Enter", "+" and "-" as well as just plain directly typing in a numerical values for frequencies and voltages. Sometimes bios field values also respond to the up and down arrow keys. In my bios, some components respond to mouse clicks and others do not. Also, you would have to change the "Auto" value to "Manual" in order to make changes in the values covered by that field category.

Last edited:
when its depicted like that, then it is an problem, because i cant change the value to more then 3000.

all other values exept the tra value in the last pic and the memory clock speed cant be changend. not with arrow key or + or- or enter or doubbleclicking...

Back