• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte App Center Accuracy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daimyo68

Well, it's been sometime since I've upgraded my PC. Still running the E8400 @3.6ghz on a Gigabyte X48 board, 5 years strong ;)

I recently upgraded to the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H and an I5 4670k. As usual, I plan to overclock this system.

Since I've been out of the loop for so long, I question Gigabyte's App Center accuracy with temps, vs CoreTemp/CPUID/RealTemp/SpeedFan/AIDA64.

App Center shows a single core temp of ~32C at idle with no overclock.
All other are showing all 4 cores @ 39-40C at idle with no overclock.

NOTE: Core 0 is always about 4-5C higher.

Who do I trust? I'm assuming the masses. (In which case I need to reseat the cooler).

Just as an FYI, I did install the Hyper 212 Evo, and it was lapped before installing using Arctic Silver.

As always, Thanks for any input.

Temps_zpse6933681.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
The 32C temp as read by ET is called Tcase (case temp measured by a thermal diode located within the CPU die between the cores), while Core Temp and Real Temp read Tjunction (measured by digital thermal sensors located within each core); 39-40C in your case, and which are always higher than Tcase.

Back