• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte board good for future upgrades?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackersabbath

I am looking into this board to get me into upgrading my comp finally: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128387

My current rig is in my signature and I looked on the Gigabyte site to see that my current CPU is compatible with the board. I know that I need a new PSU and I will be getting one before I get the board. Looking into a Corsair 550VX as far as the PSU goes. I want to upgrade a little at a time and I figure I should go case(Antec 300 or similar), PSU(Corsair 550VX), Motherboard and GPU(not sure here yet), CPU(quad-core AM3), then RAM

I want to use the upgrades to get into gaming and do a little editing. Right now I don't have an LCD monitor and am using a 17" CRT.

I am also wondering if there would be another good ATX board with onboard graphics that can overclock well and support my current CPU and RAM.

Last edited:
Back