• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP35-DS3R Reboot recycle???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPeEdZ70

Registered
Gigabyte EP35-DS3R

I Have a brand New Gigabyte EP35-DS3R that was never used unfortunately it is way out of Warranty.

I have Used many Gigabyte Board and understand how they are Normally finicky about Memory Timings Voltages and how the Fan does not spin up right away and get double reboots sometimes I learned that with my First P35C-DS3R.

Then I owned a EP45-DS3L and also have a Ep45-UD3P I am sending into Gigabyte as They will Repair my Socket for me as I did not create the Damage done to it Or I much Rather Use That Board for the Build. But this one is Different.

What happens is it will go into bios no problem and saves changes when I reenter after restart. As It begins to boot to Either a Sata Device Or Ide it reboots contines for as long as you want to watch I left it on for an Hour like this.

System Specs
Only Bare minimum One Stick Of memory Vid Card CPU E6600 Pentium Dual Core. I have used everything else in My P965 Board I am replacing with this board No Luck so far.

Xms2 Pc6400 1x1GB Passed memtest 86
Pentium Dual Core E6600
Asus 8600GT

Thermaltake Tr2 600W New Works Fine is a Month old and Runs a XFX GTX 260 Black Edition 666core 1150 Mem and five hdd and five Fans In Other System with a Asus P5Q3 in it.

I was Using the E6600 for a few Months In a P5W DH Deluxe no issues

Goes Into Bios Fine I updated to F4 Bios and still same problem.
Went Back To F3 Bios Problem Remains.
CPU socket Pins are perfect board is New from closed PC shop sold off all of its old inventory and Display parts.

any Ideas I really Like These Boards The P35C I had Overclocked Really nicely for me Ran a E8400 @ 9x480 4.320 Ghz

Any Ideas
Thanks For replies

I know this Is Old Technology but it is still a new BOARD I HAVE SEVERAL 775 cpu`s AROUND would really like some input Thanks

I have read several reasons why and in my case none of them seem to apply at all I guess no one knows what this could be here

I have looked over the Board with an 20X Eye Loupe that I use for socket repair and I cannot see one bit of Physical damage to the Board. The Pins are Perfect, All capasitors Look Good I figure maybe the Chipset needs Reballing I have never done this and do not want to buy a station and stencils I would probably rather test doing it first on another old board I have around then if it works out at least I would have an Idea on Reballing. I cannot think of anything else it could be I have tried three different Power Supplies also.

Does anyone know if I can Reflow this Like what is done on XBOX 360 RROD does a Hairdryer Put out enough heat I found a 1200 Watt one. I could if I thought there was a good enough chance this could be the problem of a board that has never been used I would buy a heat gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the chip maybe newer version than old bios supports and then does the loop. Have you tried other cpus or are you able to attempt to flash the bios?

No, please do not mess with blow dryer and "reflowing". People that do this for xboxs honestly get lucky from moving board around so much.
-A blow dryer may get to 45-55 degrees Celsius (I believe) and RoHS compliant solder needs to get around 217 degrees Celsius.

That is not the problem I have the Last bios on this board when I got it and flashed back to it just gets ready to access the hard drive and then reboots over and over again. This is a pretty nice board I am thinking of putting it in the oven soon because I am lost here.. I have had a lot of problems in the past I always am trying to revive dead boards I have a P5Q3 in the system I am messing with and on the back of the board every usb port does not work but the two above the E-Sata and 1394 Ports do work and the Onboard headers work other than that and terrible sounding onboard sound This board will easily do 500FSB and boot into windows but I never raise my voltage over 1.375 in CPUZ I do not need this thing to totally burn out yet. I only paid 25 bucks for the board delivered I`m really glad it works. But this other EP35-DS3R I am totally stumped on If I can do a reball on P35 wondering if that will work but the board has never been used so I think It may have been a bad board right from the Factory but cannot for the life of me figure it out. When I got it though it had like white plastic melted to the back of the board not a lot but some mostly under the North Bridge chip??

Last edited:
Maybe the person before you tried a reflow. Would you be able to return the item?
No I already have to send in a board I bought off Ebay needs a Socket replacement Pins were broken off and not just bent I think it is worth it I paid $35 for it it is a GA-EP45-UD3P V1.1 I have about 3 or 4 Core 2`s laying around and just Ordered a Xeon SLACT X3220 It should be a little fun would much rather have a Q9650 I actually still like core 2 myself I really never messed with the UEFI Bios I need some understanding of it before I make the change. But I am going to first buy like a I7 940 1366 and see how that goes they are fairly cheap used I would love to get the GA-X58A-UD5 or something close to that those are still pretty high priced used any suggestions on old 1366 boards that fit a good Price performance and durability stability and lots of Options I have only looked at a few I need to sell the five computers I have right Now and build something for Winter I do not go out much in the winter I have arthritis pretty bad I got to buy a new vid card too I still have a XFX GTX 260 BLACK EDITION I was thinking somewhere around a HD5870 I game but not that much at that should handle whatever I get into fairly well and not break the bank. I really do not know what to do with this Ep35-UD3R Yet I can go to my brothers work and use the heat gun they have for shrink wrapping pallets I think it gets hot enough just to see if the south bridge is the culprit because it is perfectly fine until it comes to booting from a DVD rom or HDD and then just loops:bang head:confused:

No I already have to send in a board I bought off Ebay needs a Socket replacement Pins were broken off and not just bent I think it is worth it I paid $35 for it it is a GA-EP45-UD3P V1.1 I have about 3 or 4 Core 2`s laying around and just Ordered a Xeon SLACT X3220 It should be a little fun would much rather have a Q9650 I actually still like core 2 myself I really never messed with the UEFI Bios I need some understanding of it before I make the change. But I am going to first buy like a I7 940 1366 and see how that goes they are fairly cheap used I would love to get the GA-X58A-UD5 or something close to that those are still pretty high priced used any suggestions on old 1366 boards that fit a good Price performance and durability stability and lots of Options I have only looked at a few I need to sell the five computers I have right Now and build something for Winter I do not go out much in the winter I have arthritis pretty bad I got to buy a new vid card too I still have a XFX GTX 260 BLACK EDITION I was thinking somewhere around a HD5870 I game but not that much at that should handle whatever I get into fairly well and not break the bank. I really do not know what to do with this Ep35-UD3R Yet I can go to my brothers work and use the heat gun they have for shrink wrapping pallets I think it gets hot enough just to see if the south bridge is the culprit because it is perfectly fine until it comes to booting from a DVD rom or HDD and then just loops:bang head:confused:

UEFI, there is not much to learn given your willing to adapt to new things or learn readily as it is the same difference as the old BIOS but just will pretty graphics and ability to use your mouse..

I sure made a Helava stupid decision I ended up now with Three XEONS 775
X3220,X3330,X3360 They all Overclock Great the X3360 is and E0 Too! I really have not tried to go too high with it yet trying to Decide which Board I am going to make a permanent home for it yet been only in one of my P45 DDR3 boards so far got it over 3.8 with ease if I change the Cooler I have 2 better ones then I will take it over 4GHZ It did not take more than 1.3v in bios to get stable at 3.8 ish cant remember I have it humming along at 3360MHZ right now. most my board are off a little like 1mhz when I set to 400mhz in bios usually comes in at 399 but this board is 5mhz less so I have it set to 400 and I get 395 Asrock P45X3 Deluxe Well I`m going to play got some new parts in today it is 1 a.m gonna play with my P5Q-3 with the X3330 and 1600 gskill

Back