• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No problem. I doubt it's the BIOS, but I've only tried F4 and F5 so far. Verify the 3D card clocks first and if they are correct, try different drivers for heck of it. If it's in the primary slot, it should definitely be 16x bandwidth and barring some completely obvious setting we're missing, I think it's driver, software or tweak (if any) related.

Whatever happened with that 85% CPU usage? Have you tried Orthos or something else to confirm full CPU load %?

I almost got this motherboard before I picked up the P5Q Pro... The $40 I saved is about to return HUGE dividends for Black Friday. :D

I may still end up getting one of these though if my DS3 really is dead.

Which RAM to choose?

Hi guys,
I have just came across this site with help of Mr.Google
Anyway i going to get this board, but i am having a hard time to choose my RAM. Basically i am looking for the best OC RAM for this board. Below is some RAM that i have in my mind,

OCZ DDR2 PC2 9600 Reaper HPC Edition 2x1GB
Corsair dominator ddr2 1066 5-5-5-12 2x1GB
Kingston Hyperx DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15 2x1GB
Team dark xtreem PC8500 5-5-5-15 2x1GB

If there is better RAM that can be pair with this mobo feel free to suggest :D
(Looking for 2x1GB kit)

Thanks

ross, ran occt again and it went to 98.5 or so, that is normal. i just ordered some corsair dominators d9's. i am wondering if the the problem is with my ocz ram not running it dual channel. it is showing dual, but others have had problems with this board and memory. i have pretty much exhausted all other possibilities at this point. i may have to send the board back, but that is going to be tricky as i have cut the heat pipe to put the water block on the nb. i may have to buy another one, pull the nb and memory heatsinks off and put them on the old board. what a pain!!!

Hi guys,
Anyway i going to get this board, but i am having a hard time to choose my RAM. Basically i am looking for the best OC RAM for this board. Below is some RAM that i have in my mind,

(Looking for 2x1GB kit)

Thanks
:welcome: to OCF! I'm using older DDR2, so someone else will need to jump in here and offer any first-hand experience with those you listed. FWIW, I've always been partial to Corsair and Crucial. I am mostly using Ballistix 8500s (the old double-sided D9 stuff) that I picked up used and fairly cheap...they are smoking fast in this board, even with 4x1GB installed and sane voltage.

ross, ran occt again and it went to 98.5 or so, that is normal. i just ordered some corsair dominators d9's. i am wondering if the the problem is with my ocz ram not running it dual channel. it is showing dual, but others have had problems with this board and memory. i have pretty much exhausted all other possibilities at this point. i may have to send the board back, but that is going to be tricky as i have cut the heat pipe to put the water block on the nb. i may have to buy another one, pull the nb and memory heatsinks off and put them on the old board. what a pain!!!
Ouch. I've never been a fan of OCZ memory, but that's a first for me to hear. Didn't you say your bandwidth was higher than in the P35 board though? Did you just transfer you HDD to the new board by any chance? If so, would it be at all possible for you do a fresh install of OS, chipset drivers and vid drivers? Something is definitely off, but from your other reports, it just doesn't sound like anything that has to do with the board, CPU or mem :shrug:

We're not missing something totally blatant, like you are running the same CPU/mem/card clocks/timings and tweaks, right? :) I mean you didn't forget you were running LOD or something easy like that I hope. What are your Robust Graphics and PCIe Freq set at in BIOS?

so i got the UD3R version. I just tried to fire it up and no posting, not even bios screen. My computer will jsut sit there and cycle like its on but no posting at all. Any ideas?

Hi guys,

(Looking for 2x1GB kit)

Thanks

Don't get the Xtreem Dark or the Dominators if you're wanting to push your RAM.

Out of that list, if you're wanting to push your RAM hard, I think the Kingstons would be your best bet. The OCZ's could be good if it's an early set.

However, if you're not going to be pushing it very hard, any of those kits will be fine, grab whatever's cheapest :)

so i got the UD3R version. I just tried to fire it up and no posting, not even bios screen. My computer will jsut sit there and cycle like its on but no posting at all. Any ideas?
If by "cycle" you mean booting, hard restart, repeat, try turning the PSU off and let it power down completely, then try booting. For some reason whenever mine boots with defaults and then I make changes in BIOS, it will loop like that after saving. Total power down fixes it. I don't know what it is, but it only happens after it boots with defaults first and then I change something :shrug:

:welcome: to OCF! I'm using older DDR2, so someone else will need to jump in here and offer any first-hand experience with those you listed. FWIW, I've always been partial to Corsair and Crucial. I am mostly using Ballistix 8500s (the old double-sided D9 stuff) that I picked up used and fairly cheap...they are smoking fast in this board, even with 4x1GB installed and sane voltage.

Thanks, will wait for someone to give their advice. :)

Don't get the Xtreem Dark or the Dominators if you're wanting to push your RAM.

Out of that list, if you're wanting to push your RAM hard, I think the Kingstons would be your best bet. The OCZ's could be good if it's an early set.

However, if you're not going to be pushing it very hard, any of those kits will be fine, grab whatever's cheapest

well i am planing to OC my Proc to atleast 4Ghz (E8400) but still i am not going to break the world record with my ram :p Kingston Hyperx is cheap compare to OCZ, but i read somewhere that, OCZ have problem with mobo, is that true?

By the way,when you mention old OCZ is it the one with D9 chip?

Thanks for your help :D

If by "cycle" you mean booting, hard restart, repeat, try turning the PSU off and let it power down completely, then try booting. For some reason whenever mine boots with defaults and then I make changes in BIOS, it will loop like that after saving. Total power down fixes it. I don't know what it is, but it only happens after it boots with defaults first and then I change something :shrug:
It doesnt even get to the bios screen. Scenrerio:
I power computer on, power monitor on, computer cycles once, monitor goes into sleep mode(acts if there is no input signal), computer cycles over and over and over.
I am wondering if I got a DOA board or if upgrading to this mobo and Q9550 pushed my PSU over the edge.
At the moment, I reinstalled my old mobo and cpu so I can post.

Any thoughts?

It's doing that on the first boot ever on the board? I very much doubt it's got anything to do with the PSU if it's not overclocked. Try resetting the CMOS, power off the PSU for 10-15 secs and then try again.

I recently picked up this board for :santa2: Here is a quick peek at what it is capable of with my Q9450 and my Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000. Pretty amazing numbers!
11201ko2.jpg

It's doing that on the first boot ever on the board? I very much doubt it's got anything to do with the PSU if it's not overclocked. Try resetting the CMOS, power off the PSU for 10-15 secs and then try again.
Same thing. It sits there and sounds on(fans and everything running) but screen goes into sleep mode. I gave up on it now. I was going to try and RMA but i am out of my 30-days from newegg by 4 freaking days. *sigh*
Now I can't play with my new mobo and new Q9550 :(

That's totally odd. If CMOS was cleared and it's not booting, it sounds like hardware. Have you tried booting it with Q6600 for the heck of it? Have you tried with 1 stick of memory and what slots are you using? Try the other slots and/or 1 stick and see if anything happens. I very much doubt it's DOA, but ya never know.

Can't imagine it might need a BIOS update for the 9550, but maybe chad11779 can let you know if he had to do anything special to get his 9450 running.

Thanks, will wait for someone to give their advice. :)

well i am planing to OC my Proc to atleast 4Ghz (E8400) but still i am not going to break the world record with my ram :p Kingston Hyperx is cheap compare to OCZ, but i read somewhere that, OCZ have problem with mobo, is that true?

By the way,when you mention old OCZ is it the one with D9 chip?

Thanks for your help :D

The older OCZ's should have D9's, but it's if they were made before 2008.

Any of those kits will get you well over 500fsb though :beer:

That's totally odd. If CMOS was cleared and it's not booting, it sounds like hardware. Have you tried booting it with Q6600 for the heck of it? Have you tried with 1 stick of memory and what slots are you using? Try the other slots and/or 1 stick and see if anything happens. I very much doubt it's DOA, but ya never know.

Can't imagine it might need a BIOS update for the 9550, but maybe chad11779 can let you know if he had to do anything special to get his 9450 running.
I did try my Q6600...same results. I swapped out my GSkill Black Pis with my set of Ballistixs and my set of GSkill HZs...still nothing.

However I did not try another slot or only 1 stick of ram. I am out of thermal paste after reseating the Q9550 and Q6600 about 6 times over.

At this point, I am going to RMA the board, if newegg will take my 4-day over 30-day policy and be done with it. All this trouble to start is not good. I would rather get a fresh board for piece of mind.

Posted on xtremesystems about this and some guy got the same results like this, so it is not unheard of.

Thanks for the help.

That's messed up. Did the other guy ever figure out what it was or did a new board just fix it? If Egg won't do it, you can probably RMA directly with Giga, but who knows how long that would take :)

Good luck with it...

That's messed up. Did the other guy ever figure out what it was or did a new board just fix it? If Egg won't do it, you can probably RMA directly with Giga, but who knows how long that would take :)

Good luck with it...

Guys guys guys!!!

Wait I just installed this board 2 hours ago with the same problem.

Here is what I did.

Unlplug and press power to discharge
Take out all ram
power back on... I let it beep and cycle a few minutes
unplug and press power to discharge
put on stick back in
power on and post
make a minor change in bios like boot from cdrom first
as it posts again unplug and press power to discharge
put in other stick
power on and viola install os!

didn't pull battery... didn't put jumper on to reset cmos.

hey Ross

how did you get past the boards goofy mch and cpu ref bios options that won't let you fix/set them?

Left them on AUTO for the most part :) For CPU ref, definitely anything other than AUTO seems to make things worse and I played around with MCH ref while adjusting VTT/PLL to get things stable while lowering them (MCH ref = higher for lower lower VTT/PLL). I played mostly in EasyTune because I find rebooting a locked desktop is a lot less aggravating than 2-3 reboots from a bad BIOS setting every time :beer:

Back