• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P with broken MOSFET/VRM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

I have an EP45-UD3P here with a broken MOSFET. It is physically broken with a large chunk broken off from it resulting in nearby components not functioning.

My problem is I can't seem to figure out what its ratings are and/or where I might locate a replacement. Probably due to my inexperience with electrical parts and I don't understand how to read its ratings and what they mean.

The part number is AP3310GH (date code 839048), made by Advanced Power Electronics Corp..

I'd like to purchase a replacement through digikey, since I normally buy capacitors from them and know they are reputable, if only I could figure out what I need to buy in order to replace the broken one.

If anyone could help me it would be appreciated.

20 volts 10 amps P channel, probably the TO-252 package.
Where is it on the board?

This is as close as I can find on Digikey: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/NTD25P03LT4G/NTD25P03LT4GOSCT-ND

Part number: NTD25P03LT4G

Thanks for the reply Bobnova.

It's on the right side of the board next to the Sys_Fan2 header and the GSATA2_0 and GSATA2_1 ports, between the fan header and memory slot 4 (or 3 if you count from 0).

Here is the broken MOSFET:
DSCN3136.JPG

DSCN3137.JPG

A picture of a good mosfet in the same location on another EP45-UD3P:
DSCN3138.JPG

As you can see, since it was broken in half the part number is not readable on the broken one, so I had to use the part number from the good one.

Weird that it broke.
What is it that isn't functioning? Fan header? SATA ports?

Weird that it broke.
What is it that isn't functioning? Fan header? SATA ports?

The Fan header is the only thing I know of, didn't test the SATA ports, but being right next to it they're probably not working either.

I put my multimeter leads on the fan port and was only getting 40-50mV when I tested it, nowhere near enough to power a fan.

I would guess just the fan, that's probably where the voltage fan control comes from.
The MOSFET I linked above is probably the best bet from Digikey. They have a couple that are closer, but they're only available in lots of >1000.

Back