• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help overclocking FX 8320e with GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It looks to me like you still have turbo active. You'll see something called CPB(core performance boost) set it to 21x and I would bump the core multi up one more to 21x and see if 4.2 is good on the same voltage. It could have been turbo which was making it unstable.

In the opening post I see Core performance boost under the Advanced CPU core features. It is disabled.

I do have to wonder then why the CPU went to 4.3 when you have it set to 4.1. One other thing you need to enable HPC. I just noticed that one of the cores was at 28xxMHz could be throttling. Before you go further i would set HPC and retest.

Yes, I mentioned before that all the cores drop their speed. And on 4.1 GHz it happens all the time during the test.

HPC on and APM off then try again. You'll likely see a rise in temps.

I tried that ind tested it. It worked stable at 4.1 GHz. Temp of cores was 51 and TMPIN1 was 59. I don't know if TMPIN1 is important because I don't know what it is.

What do you think, should I try to set multi to x21 and try 4.2 GHz? And what is the highest temp of the cores that I shouldn't cross?

I wouldn't go past 62 for 24/7 usage, also if you're stable for 20 minutes and temps aren't terrible then let it try for 30 minutes.

I don't use it more then couple hours a day, but anyway I don't think to go over 60c.

I set multi at x21 and tried to test it but during the first test I noticed that Utilizations for last 3 or 4 cores was below 20% in HWMonitor. All cores were stable at 4.2 GHz but temps were significantly lower then I expected. After about 10 minuts of the test temps were 42c. And for unknown reason Prime95 turned of shortly after that. So I tried again and Utilization was 100% for all cores and temps were about 45 in first couple of minutes but then screen froze and had to restart the computer.

You need more voltage , if you see the cores not at 💯 % then you gotta up the voltage. Stable runs shouldn't have any dropped cores, good luck and report back

I decided not to add more voltage. It will do at 4.1 GHz for a while. Thank you so much everybody. You're very helpful to me. Sorry for my bad English. I've been trying to improve it every day :)

I do have two more questions though.

1. My PC currently runs at 4.1 GHz and 1.35V (if I've done mathematics correctly). Could it cause some troubles for any unit in PC considering it's powered by LCPOWER LC600-12 V2.31 a weak 450W PSU?
2. Since I started OC I've been having two things that bother me. When I restart PC either with housing restart button or in windows, computer turns itself off. It doesn't restart anymore just turn off. The second thing is, when I put it to sleep, it turns itself off in about 5 minutes. Do you maybe know why it's happening? Could it be a symptom that something isn't right?

Thank you for your help once again :)

Last edited:
PSU is a Great Wall based unit. Same PSU as an OCZ ZS model. While it's not a great PSU, it's definitely not the worst you can buy.
That being said, I would probably adjust your windows power plan to high performance. That may fix your problem.

17A on the 12v rail on that psu... how is it functioning :O :eek:

You really don't have much room left with that powersupply.

(edit: read the whole post xD)

Dual rail brah. 17a and 14a.
Still only a 31a PSU though. It's a little small.

Last edited:
I'm thinking on buying a better PSU. What do you suggest guys? Any particular? What woltage will be the best solution for my PC and for comfortable OC?

One of previous SS

View attachment 184333

Last edited:
EVGA G2 550W is always a solid go-to for a single GPU system.

Back