• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte/Ivy Bridge/Win7 - Stuck with standard VGA driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Monque

Registered
I have the following:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H (Rev. 1.0)
i5-3450
32GB DDR3-1333 (4x8GB)
Kingston 240GB SSD
Win7 Pro 64-bit

I am making use of the Ivy Bridge video capabilities and have a monitor plugged in via the DVI port.

Everything is updated and working fine except for when I try to install the video drivers. I've tried multiple drivers, but in each case I get as far as the Win7 load screen, occasionally the Login screen, and then it BSOD's or just restarts. I can get into BIOS and Safe Mode just fine, and when I uninstall the video drivers, re-starting normally with just the Standard VGA, everything runs fine as well. I have an older 4850 card I've tried using with same results.

Memory is ok, no problem on the test there. SSD is fine, too. I have since flashed the BIOS to the latest version, but same problem. On a whim, I did a fresh install of Windows and updated to latest Gigabyte-supplied drivers, to no avail. Something about this MB/CPU combo doesn't like the video drivers.

Any ideas, older drivers I can try, or what-have-you?

On Windows startup, press F8 a bunch of times to get to a menu. Select the option that says "Disable restart on system failure" (or something similar) so you can read the stop error. Post the code here.

Getting a stop error of "0x0000007e" a couple times.

Another time it was "0x000000D1" along with "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Back