• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P wont boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aoj

Registered
I built this comp around june of 09.

MA790XT-UD4P
720 BE
4 gigs mushkin DDR3
n260gxt

Now when I first built the comp I was never able to run prime95 or super pi for long as it would just lock up or crash and reboot. Although I wasn't happy with it for my day to day use it stable and I was able to play games with maxed settings just fine.
About a month ago it started randomly crashing and rebooting or locking up and I would have to reboot it. Just last week it got to the point where it wont load windows at all, it gets to the windows screen then freezes. I've tested the ram and it gets no errors running each stick by itself in memtest. I currently have everything minus MB and CPU hooked up to my old board and cpu and everythings runs fine except games are crappy to play now.
My problem is how can I tell if its the MB or the CPU that is dead at this point. I dont have to buy a CPU just to find out the MB is the problem and then not be able to get my money back for the CPU and vice versa. Unfortunantly I dont know anyone with either a CPU or MB I could test my parts on to narrow it down. I've tried to register on AMDs website to try and return the CPU to them but keep getting stonewalled on the making a login account.

Back