• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte MBO owners. Got a question for you.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

I am using Gigabyte X399 MBO TR4 with 1950X. I overclocked 4ghz with a manual VCORE of 1.35v. When I looking at the CPU-Z the core speed show around 2195 ghz when the cpu is idling and hit 4ghz when the cpu is loading. But I don't want that. I want to run 4ghz full time from idle. I don't see a way of doing it. On my other computer, I used ASUS MBO. I run 4.5ghz full time at a manual vcore voltage at 1.328v. I am having the option to run offset voltage. But I chose manual voltage.

Gigabyte mbo seem to be operate on offset core speed?? Can some one tell me, how can I run 4ghz at all time regardless of cpu load.

Disable power saving options in BIOS ( C states and some other ) or/and set performance mode in power options in Windows.

Disable power saving options in BIOS ( C states and some other ) or/and set performance mode in power options in Windows.

well, I just double check in Windows, its already set to high performance mode in power options. I also looking at the bios, I don't see or find anything about C states so that I can disable them. But I can 't find in the bios. That is why I ask gigabyte mbo owners to help me out. perhaps a screen shot of where it is under. Gigabyte mbo is new to me and is different as I used to with ASUS mbo.

Sounds like power saving setting are one.
Disable c state and speed step in the bios and disable powering saving in windows.

go into power options/ advanced power options/ minimum power state and set it to 100% should get it done.

x399-Advanced.jpg

OK, disable AMD Cool & Quiet, next disable Global C-State Control and "maybe" disable Core Performance Boost

Whitehawk and every one, thank you for the help. I am away from the computer right now. I will give it another try per your suggestion.

PS. Big thanks to WhitehawkEQ. ALL GOOD :) I disabled all 3 you mentioned above.

Last edited:
Ok, funny thing. On mine, when everything is disabled and I have 100% running in power plan, old cpuz shows full speed, but new version down clocks when idle. I can even post a puc

Asus mobo x58
View attachment 197799

Last edited:
But it still looks wong because I have all power saving features disabled and multi is set to 21. So unless frequency change happens inside the couch irregardless to what you set, then newer version is booked

Well, only reason I posted is just in case OP has everything disabled and set up correctly, but getting similar down clocking behavior, which could be related to version of CPU-z. Exceptionally relevant!

Back