• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte P35-DS3R....I love it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks i did that and now the voltage is low 1.765 in bios on selection +.1 well thats better:beer:

stil not gret but better, do you have a multimeter so you can try to find the real voltage cos i dont relly trust software readings.

stil not gret but better, do you have a multimeter so you can try to find the real voltage cos i dont relly trust software readings.
Yes i do a good one it's a Fluke 87 v where do i get the readings at so i don't short out the board.:santa:

im not sure where you measure but if you search around for a ram vmod for the board im sure itll tel you where to measure the voltage from.

im not sure where you measure but if you search around for a ram vmod for the board im sure itll tel you where to measure the voltage from.
I did a long net search no luck, so i poked a while praying to god and the board shut down twice and it started back up, i was lucky this time. Well i found a place on the memory board and the Bios is correct

Actual measurements of memory voltage with Fluke 87 v Digital meter
Default 2.119v:)
memory multiplier switch from auto to any ratio 1.786v:(
+.1v = 1.888v:(
+.2v = 2.015v:(
+.3v = 2.119v:(
+.4v = 2.225v:(

I did a long net search no luck, so i poked a while praying to god and the board shut down twice and it started back up, i was lucky this time. Well i found a place on the memory board and the Bios is correct

Default 2.119v:)
memory multiplier switch from auto to any ratio 1.786v:(
+.1v = 1.888v:(
+.2v = 2.015v:(
+.3v = 2.119v:(
+.4v = 2.225v:(

Auto is 1.8v so 1.786 isnt too bad.
+1 should be 1.9
+2 should be 2
+3 should be 2.1
+4 should be 2.2

so your fine, and on the higher ones its overvolting a touch which isnt bad.

Auto is 1.8v so 1.786 isnt too bad.
+1 should be 1.9
+2 should be 2
+3 should be 2.1
+4 should be 2.2

so your fine, and on the higher ones its overvolting a touch which isnt bad.

No Auto and default are the same 2.119v then it drops voltage

Memory multiplier switch from auto or default to any ratio you get this 1.786v

From this memory auto or default 2.119v the undervoting is next
+.1v = 1.888v
+.2v = 2.015v
+.3v = 2.119v
+.4v = 2.225v

Last edited:

No Auto and default are the same 2.119v then it drops voltage
memory multiplier switch from auto to any ratio 1.786v
+.1v = 1.888v
+.2v = 2.015v
+.3v = 2.119v
+.4v = 2.225v

maybe on auto it tries to detect the voltage the RAM needs and gives it 2.1

maybe on auto it tries to detect the voltage the RAM needs and gives it 2.1
Yes the memory is 2.10 defualt however when you manually set the settings it says + .1 it does not say -.2

It looks like they tried to make it automated however GA messed up because i should not have to get out a digital meter to see what is going on, i did not know if bios was correct or if there settings were correct

Last edited:
Ok, my board has decided to die. Iv tried everything and cant get anything out of it. It powers up but doesnt POST or beep or anything! :cry::cry:

awesome, i e-mailed them erlier so hopefully I can get an RMA. fingers crossed.

Did they rma?

I have a q6600 on a p35c-ds3r running 3.2 = 400x8 with 1.375 on the vcore in the bios. But I have major vdroop. The pencil mod doesn't work??? For anyone?? If there was no vdroop I could run the above @ 1.28v!

I can run 3.6 400x9 with no problems but I need 1.75v in the bios because the droop at idel is 1.52v and load 1.45v.

Is there a working mod? Please someone?

Also why when I select "auto" for all voltages does it overvolt everything? The vid is 1.312 but in the bios is runs 1.508?!? ALso the ram goes from 1.8 to 2.2 etc? Oh these volts are when I run 266x9 for the default of the q6600.

The RMA went very smoothly, I got a replacement within four days of sending it off. :D

I have tried one vdroop pencil mod but to no avail. I would suggest updating to the newest BIOS though. Then if you still have the problem maybe look into a hard vdropp mod if ur willing to go that far.

The RMA went very smoothly, I got a replacement within four days of sending it off. :D

I have tried one vdroop pencil mod but to no avail. I would suggest updating to the newest BIOS though. Then if you still have the problem maybe look into a hard vdropp mod if ur willing to go that far.

Thanks I have the newest bios installed. Do you know why setting it to auto makes everything overvolt even when the CPU is setup to run @ default speeds?

hey, nice thread. read through the whole thing. before i started reading this i was fairly certain on my next mobo purchase, being the p35 dsr... but now its pretty much set in stone. gonna get an e8400 up in it. just about everywhere ive looked, the E8400 can get up to 3.6ghz without any change to the vcore. on just about any board. yikes.

now ive got a g31m-s2l mATX and i love it, for my first build gigabyte made it very easy. one of the main reasons i want to stick with them

Back