• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Gigabyte Z87X-OC Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well done Joe. And thanks. It would be nice for some of the OC'ng features you highlighted to become a 'me too' for all the board makers: USB connectors by the SATA ports, GPU dual supports; debug LEDs should be re-thought but it does look like a nice board. Gave me some thoughts for my project as well.

Again, Thanks for your time and efforts.:cool:

Excellent review, i'm really glad to see this surface. Nice chips underneath those heatsinks too, but as you stated not as high quality as the OC-Force!

Thanks again for a useful review!

Nice review mate :thup: I am also the same as you whereas I use the classic style bios as it seems to run a lot smoother and I also like using the keyboard in the bios which is more tricky using the normal screen, I have found that if I leave thermal protection enabled in the bios I get 100% throttling once over a certain clock speed, no matter what temps, maybe a bios issue, but its done it on both bios versions I have used as of now, not a big deal as you just dissable it but thought I would mention it incase anyone suffers the same problem.

Interesting point. I will see if I can reproduce that... When I overclock to 4.9Ghz or PTL, it was disabled though just out of habit.

Back