• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Give me ideas on an LCD monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gusdagoos

Im still using the 32 inch gateway monitor i got with my computer a very long time ago but im getting sick of it and want a flat display instead of a huge monitor. Any ideas on a 19 inch screen i can get? im looking to spend the most around 600 dollars.

Does it have to be a 19"?

The 17" are where its at if you want a nice monitor for gaming, movie watching and everyday use.

Samsung 172X
Viewsonic VP171B

Take a good look at those 2 as they are the top performers. NEC also has a decent 17" monitor as does Hitachai CML175. The best 19" you'll find is probably the Samsung 191T+, but it is over your $600.00

The Dell 20" is the best monitor in it's class hands down right now. It is pricey, but not bad for a 20" monitor.

the only reason i want a bigger monitor is because i still want to be able to watch movies on a decent sized screen.

which 20 inch dell monitor is it? or is there only one model that dell makes that is 20 inches?

is a 19 inch screen ok for watching movies on......the only good thing about my 32 inch screen is that movies and my tv tuner are good but it gets annoying...

Probably, the Dell is the best rated of the bunch.

maximum pc ran a comparison recently of 8 lcds in regards to gaming, and of the only three that passed two were sold on Dell.com -- the Planar PL1700 and the Dell badged model cited above. I forget which was the third... but I remember checking and Dell wasnt selling them.

What does response time mean and how does it affect using the computer? Whats a good response time for a 19 or 20 inch lcd?

Back