• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So my Alienware monitor kinda died on me, now i need a new monitor.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I am currently running a 7700k at 5.0ghz, a rtx 2080, and 32 gb of ram. My last monitor was an Alienware 3440x1440 but I'm thinking of getting a 4k monitor. I do plan on getting a 5900x and a rtx 3080 if they ever come back in stock. So far I'm thinking of this (Acer Predator XB273K Sbmiprzx 27" 4K UHD 144Hz HDMI DP HDR IPS LED) but I will probably miss the 3440x1400. Please let me know what you's think and and what you would choose if you had $1000. Thanks.

Take a look at the LG 27GP950 I believe is the approximate model.

That's last year's model (the gn) not sure if the GP is out yet.

I checked it out. Thanks for trying to help but this wouldn't cut it.
It's a 27" 4k monitor with variable refresh rate/gsync similar to the one you listed and in budget, in some aspects better picture quality I believe. If you have other requirements you didn't specify them.

If you want to go for 4k for $1000 keep an eye out for an LG CX 48" OLED tv. They are in clearance as it is last year's model. You can basically make a custom res of ultrawide if you missed it and go back and forth. Offers gsync and freesync etc over hdmi2.1

Hey guys. I really wanted a 4k monitor but for one, they cost too much and two, my 2080 wouldn't be able to keep up. I also was just getting clostrophobic with the 3440x1440 so I settled on the Acer Nitro XV272U for nice and cheap. So far so good. Finally got some Uni Fans too, love em.

Let us know how it works out. :)

To be clear, you were clostrophobic with 3440x1400 and went further down in resolution to 2560x1440?

Yes sir. It was taling up my whole desk and it was curved. Felt like the monitor was going to swallow me at times. BTW, it was a curved ultrawide.

Back