• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going liquid cooling HAF X - need your advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quaker

Hey guys,
:welcome:
well im making my first liquid cooling system on my PC and i've some stuff that I would like to get advices from you about it.
I'll be installing this system on HAF X case with these parts :
CPU Block : XSPC Raystorm ( blue led )
Rad : Black Ice GTX 420 ( 3x 140mm noiseblocker fans )
fittings : Bitspower Premium G1/4" black sparkle high flow 3/8" (1/2" OD) Comp fitting.
Pump : Uber 655 fully modded ( D5 ) - Matte Black ( with top )
Coolant : Ice Dragon nanofluid
Res : Bitspower Dual / Single D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150 ( black POM cap )
Mounting : Alphacool Mounting for ext reservior 60mm & Bitspower 140 water tank.
IandH Silver KillCoils
Masterkleer tubing

Ok here we go !
I'll operate by this sketch : :salute:
x9d3g.png

1. I'll remove the HDD mounting because I'm using one HDD and one SSD. I'll paste the SSD on the back of the PC , about the HDD he will be in the HDD mounting that comes with the HAF X. eventually I'll put the pump + res there.
2. I'll need to cut abit for the rad ( quite big :D ) not a serious work to be done.

this aint hard work but I'm going on details so I wont get any serious mistakes in the future. if u got any suggestions for my new setup I'll be thanksfull.
I really need your advice & experience how to sort the tubing right without any ugly crosses.
other comments are welcome also :comp:

Thanks in adv !

Last edited:
I dont think you need to take the HDD bays off.

By the looks of the D5 mounting kit, you can have it standing up/mounted on the bottom beside the HDD bays.

Yeah, D5 fits behind the HDD rack and infront of the powersupply no problem in my HAF 932.
should be around the same size i think

a 360 fits up top fine, if you go with a thick radiator then you need thin fans (20mm opposed to 25mm) in order to mount them as push fans. i went with the 2x 200mm on top instead of 120mm x3; might see a little better performance with 6x 120mm fans on the radiator.

is this all just for cpu cooling?? video card too? the 420 radiator is overkill for just a cpu, also as you noted you will have to due quite some modding to get it to fit cleanly; dremel away. I would maybe suggest scratch the 420 up top; instead go with a 360 and remove the drive area (as you plan) and either mod in a 140x60mm or a 240 (120 x2) radiator. and yes i'd use the "drive bay" area for your res/pump setup. the bottom hot swappable area is easy to remove if you want to keep it low in the case.

look at my pics to see my hafx and WC setup.

Back