• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good air cooling heatsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tech it's tough to compare heatsinks when one is using stock fans and the other a pair of 140 cfm fans,

Tech it's tough to compare heatsinks when one is using stock fans and the other a pair of 140 cfm fans,

Which is why I stated I also tried the same high CFM fans on both heatsinks.

You apparently didn't read my entire response.

Pretty easy to compare them now, huh?

Sure, if you wear earplugs or listen to loud music at all times, or if you live in Schmitty Lane Magical Fun Land.

If you live in the real world and like a quiet system, big fat fans aren't going to do it for you no matter what control method you use. I've tested many.

Very few heatsinks actually beat a TRUE by a respectable margin. The Dark Knight falls short. If you want to beat it by a meaningful amount you need a massive dual tower thing, the Phanteks unit is my favorite personally.

I use:
2x Sanyo 9SG,
3x PAPST 4112 N/31HHA,
and 2x ADDA AD1212UB-A73GL
in my system at this moment

I dare to say that my setup's were far mmore silent than any system with direct 12v to feed their fans

but yeah, making the controller to tame the 9SG is such a PITA :chair:

LOL

You apparently didn't read my entire response.
I missed that part, sorry Tech.

Pretty easy to compare them now, huh?
I'm surprised, I knew the True was good and I own one as well but I wouldn't think it would be as good or better then the Phantecks.

Could you monitor the cooler intake temp? Like with a cheap digital indoor / outdoor thermometer.

Back