• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matt209Cali

Registered
Plan on playing Battlefield 3 max settings and editing good price/first build?

Can you notify me that everything should be compatible in this build?

Also if I'm over doing it with some hardware can you let me know and suggest what to get so I can lower the price down a bit?
hvz2a8.png.jpg

First of all everything is compatible but u can get a better build with sandy bridge for a cheaper price. Whats ur budget? The 560 Ti is a really good card for the price but I dont believe u are gonna max out bf3 with 50+ fps. Maybe 30? That psu I wouldnt go with. I prefer corsair or seasonic. Ram speed past 1600mhz u wont notice the difference unless u bench.

For $120 definitely get Corsair or Seasonic. You're going to get the same performance level, and in some cases, better performance, from a slightly cheaper 2500K cpu and a $160 1155 motherboard. Stick with the RAM you have there as it was not for the setup you had but rather the one we've recommended. 1366= 3 or 6 sticks. 1155 = 2 or 4. You CAN run them the other way around if you choose but it impacts your bandwidth and is strictly for muppets ;).

First of all everything is compatible but u can get a better build with sandy bridge for a cheaper price. Whats ur budget? The 560 Ti is a really good card for the price but I dont believe u are gonna max out bf3 with 50+ fps. Maybe 30? That psu I wouldnt go with. I prefer corsair or seasonic. Ram speed past 1600mhz u wont notice the difference unless u bench.
This was actualy alot more pricey then I want I want it to be somewhere between $700-$800
For $120 definitely get Corsair or Seasonic. You're going to get the same performance level, and in some cases, better performance, from a slightly cheaper 2500K cpu and a $160 1155 motherboard. Stick with the RAM you have there as it was not for the setup you had but rather the one we've recommended. 1366= 3 or 6 sticks. 1155 = 2 or 4. You CAN run them the other way around if you choose but it impacts your bandwidth and is strictly for muppets ;).

I'm not very educated on this whole building up a computer could you slim down your vocab a bit. And could you recommend me which parts i should switch out? Leave me a link to it like I said I'm not very good with every single detail of these parts I just kinda took a shot at it appreciate it if you can!

I'm not very educated on this whole building up a computer could you slim down your vocab a bit. And could you recommend me which parts i should switch out? Leave me a link to it like I said I'm not very good with every single detail of these parts I just kinda took a shot at it appreciate it if you can!

The CPU and motherboard you chose are based on a design that released in late 2008. We're suggesting one that released January of this year, and a more current motherboard. Dr Deuce has an example of what a good choice would be.

You will have a slightly faster system for the same money by going with the 2500K instead of the 960. The motherboards for the new generation are cheaper because they do not have a north bridge. I can't explain everything here because it'd be an essay every time there was a post for someone new but you can google/wikipedia any of these things ie, "Computer, north bridge".

Anyways, we think you should build a system around a 2500K cpu.
The combo Dr Deuce has there uses good parts. We can go to 'less good parts' like a lower end case, PSU, and RAM but if you're ok with the price you should get the better parts. The performance is the same but higher quality tends to mean things last longer and don't give issues.

Also buy a Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU cooler for 25 to 30 bucks. It's good for later when we convince you to overclock your computer so it'll be faster :).

$800 and BF3 on max settings is quite a challenge. We don't know exactly how demanding the game will be, but the graphics are breathtaking and may or may not require one beast of a computer for max settings.

Do you need a copy of Windows/a monitor? Those two kills budgets pretty fast. Almost the same thing as above, slightly tweaked.
Capture.PNG

Assuming this is all u need according to the first post. $800

119miyf.png.jpg
Thank you alot I'kk most likely just do this build.
The CPU and motherboard you chose are based on a design that released in late 2008. We're suggesting one that released January of this year, and a more current motherboard. Dr Deuce has an example of what a good choice would be.

You will have a slightly faster system for the same money by going with the 2500K instead of the 960. The motherboards for the new generation are cheaper because they do not have a north bridge. I can't explain everything here because it'd be an essay every time there was a post for someone new but you can google/wikipedia any of these things ie, "Computer, north bridge".

Anyways, we think you should build a system around a 2500K cpu.
The combo Dr Deuce has there uses good parts. We can go to 'less good parts' like a lower end case, PSU, and RAM but if you're ok with the price you should get the better parts. The performance is the same but higher quality tends to mean things last longer and don't give issues.

Also buy a Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU cooler for 25 to 30 bucks. It's good for later when we convince you to overclock your computer so it'll be faster :).
Thank you for summing it up for me it was a lot more understandable and thank you for supplying me with this information helped out a lot. :)
$800 and BF3 on max settings is quite a challenge. We don't know exactly how demanding the game will be, but the graphics are breathtaking and may or may not require one beast of a computer for max settings.

Do you need a copy of Windows/a monitor? Those two kills budgets pretty fast. Almost the same thing as above, slightly tweaked.
View attachment 97879

Yeah I don't necessarily plan to run complete max settings but if i can at least get a good FPS at fair high graphic I'm fine with that if anything it will be better then how I'm playing Battle Field Bad Company 2 lowest settings possible and only getting 15 fps can't help it I love the game. :)

Back