• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good HSF for $30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KGH

hi all,

My friend just setup a system 1700+ on NF7-S with a stock hsf, unfortunately . I suggested him to upgrade his hsf for much more room OC ( to ~2.3ghz) and he's willing to spend $30 for upgrading. So, what would be the best deal right ( including shipping if possible or no more than $35 total) ?

thx in adv

K

good deal snowus. i would go for that if i only had 30 bucks for both parts.

its quiet because there's very very little airflow. as long as you are stock that will cut it.. but don't even think about overclocking.

Alternative

Maxvla said:
its quiet because there's very very little airflow. as long as you are stock that will cut it.. but don't even think about overclocking.
You're right ( I thought the fan was SF II) - so SK7 + Smart Fan II (75 CFM w/ variable speed) should do it and it's under his budget

EDIT:

SVC sells the SK7 for $15.99

This other place sells the SF II for $5 + ~$5.50 shipping
+ 1 24" IDE rounded cable(3 head) - $0.01 (1 per order) (great deal I guess)

--fibo

Last edited:
Maxvla said:

I am trying to find more info about this HSF. I have seen several posts here from people saying this thing performed better than their Sk-7 + smartfan II. I find this hard to believe but I have seen numerous posts. I would have thought the same thing regarding ocing until I saw all of the positive remarks from people who owned it.

Don't buy their 1c items. They just add the extra cost in shipping. Put 2 of every 1cent item into your basket, and try and check out. It probably weighs about 10 lbs. Shipping is over 75$.

Lithan said:
Don't buy their 1c items. They just add the extra cost in shipping. Put 2 of every 1cent item into your basket, and try and check out. It probably weighs about 10 lbs. Shipping is over 75$.
I thought so but some guy at EOC forum bought 1 24" round IDE for $0.01 - the FedEx Ground shipping was $5.75... total price ending up $5.76 - I guess adding up item might just raise the shipping to high like you said...

Deathknight said:

I am trying to find more info about this HSF. I have seen several posts here from people saying this thing performed better than their Sk-7 + smartfan II. I find this hard to believe but I have seen numerous posts. I would have thought the same thing regarding ocing until I saw all of the positive remarks from people who owned it.

i thought about this HSF too however, like you said not much airflow that is why it is silent.
Else I might stick with sk-7.

by the way is it worth to replace sk-7 with slk-800 at all ? because I'm using sk-7 now and I would trade .
currently running 2.2ghz ( 11 x 200) and get around 40 and case temp is 30, according to *winbond hardware doc

I also saw the Volcano 9 cool mod :) look very good but wonder if It can keep the core below [email protected] ?

$22 + shipping ~ $30

kevinN said:

i thought about this HSF too however, like you said not much airflow that is why it is silent.
Else I might stick with sk-7.

by the way is it worth to replace sk-7 with slk-800 at all ? because I'm using sk-7 now and I would trade .
currently running 2.2ghz ( 11 x 200) and get around 40 and case temp is 30, according to *winbond hardware doc

I also saw the Volcano 9 cool mod :) look very good but wonder if It can keep the core below [email protected] ?

$22 + shipping ~ $30

Volcano 9 does not use a very good HS. If you really like the coolmod just get the coolmod fan and use some other HS.

As for the silent boost I know the airflow is low but I haven't seen any reviews or posts by actual owners that are negative which intrigues me. People that have switched from SK-7 with a smartfan to to this have made some nice comments about it right here on these forums.

Back