• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good PSU for HD7950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

polacos

I am thinking of upgrading my GPU from 6670 to 7950. ASUS DirectCU II 3GB 7950. The PSU limit is $200 AUD (can stretch to $220 AUD), only modular.

I will need 2 x 6 pin for PCI-E
My specs are below.
I plan to run dual, maybe triple monitor. The card is $350 AUD, is that good enough for triple if I want to upgrade in future? Or better go for nvidia?

i believed OCZ was only good in SSDs.
If it is good, then I will go for a 750W version, at it has 4 x PCIE connectors, for if I ever want to upgrade to crossfire. and it is just $20 more

The ZT units are good.
Some of 'em have an issue where the fan speed gets "jammed" on high. OCZ is happy enough to RMA them for that.
That's the only issue I've heard of, neither review unit I looked at had issues.

anything made by seasonic is highly rated, they make there own, and the internals for a few brands too like some models of antec, corsair, XFX

But the only one I remember is my own XFX 750W pro black edition 80+sliver

Back