• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got $300.. What is the BEST watercooling I can get.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would go with the RBX or the TDX for the cpu tho. Here is my setup RBX cpu, Maze4 gpu and the Z-chipst block with a mcp600 pump I use a JR-129 rad with BIX and a dbl 3.5" bay res. here is apic of the setup in a antec 635 case.

1c73.jpg

I had each of the outlets from the RBX go to the gpu and chipset block then into seperate returns in the res to lower the restriction of a 3 block setup.

If you really like DangerDen, the TDX is better than the RBX. Read ProCooling's review. I have the Dtek White Water and it is a very good block too. If you want the best cpu watercooling out there, get the Cathar's Little River Cascade SS. The Iwaki pumps are probably overkill for you. A Swiftech MCP600 is great, has lots of head and pressure, plus it runs off 12V ($76 is a little expensive though). For a NB block, I would prefer the Maze4 chipset block or the Swiftech one. Both are much less restrictive than a Z-chip.

I think my biggest problem is my case. But Im not too sure. Fyberwire - Can you give me some links to where I can get this stuff? and what kind of performance gain am I going to see?

I want to buy all of this in one place, so if you guys know where I can find it all on the same site, thats awsome, I want to order it tonight, so I can get it as soon as possible.

Last edited:
DangerDen
CoolTechnica

Those 2 will have most of your stuff. Mcmaster.com will have the tygon (catalog page 85 I believe).

Get the radiator from dangerden, pump from cooltechnica
Blocks from dangerden if you want to go that way
If you want cathar's cascade, I believe you can go directly through him by sending him a PM, however since I've never inquired about one, you might want to look to a more senior member of these forums to enlighten you.

You'll see a HUGE performance increase over your Aquarious. The Thermaltake AQ uses small tubes that kill your flow, a pretty poorly designed waterblock, and a pretty bad radiator. You'll see a pretty big jump as far as performance goes, and your system will look much cleaner.

I dont know why you havent recommended swiftech 6000, it is better than either rbx or tdx.

some misconceptions to clear up

1.) Cascades are no longer available form Cathar, you must find someone hwo is willing to sell one. That is why I said $150, and $150 is a low price to sell one for, considering they are the best block on the market.

2.) Do not spend more than $30 on a heatercore or radiator. That stupid 120.3 is the best waste of money ever. Go to your auto parts store, and look at their catalog. Find one you like. Buy it.

3.) I personally do not like DangerDen, as they "borrowed" Cathar's design, for their RBX, but if you choose to go with them, so be it. The RBX does not mount well on a socket A chip, though. I'd go with the D-Tek WW there.

4.) The aquaextreme pump's reliability is yet unknown. Go Swiftech MCP600 for silence, Laing D4 for performance, Iwaki if you don't mind a 120v larger pump, but want max performance. The Iwaki is a little out of your price range if you get GPU and NB blocks, though.

5.) Seriously think about the NB block. I really, really, really feel it is a waste of money, and will hurt system performance. Many people have gotten NF7s to 250+ FSB without watercooling on the NB.

6.) you should probably mount your rad in the top of your case, and you'll need to cut the case if you do that

7.) res or t-line?

Here is what I am looking at right now, is this good for the price, without going through the hassle of custom-builiding my own water cooling unit.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-108-034&depa=1

As far as NB cooling goes, Im using a Gigabyte board, with the big *** brass fan over the NB as of now.

Im not doing any extreme overclocking as of yet, and Ive heard alot about the swiftech kits.

nice job osirus, thats a good setup.
you can possibly do an extreme overclock with that setup.
if u decide to get a NB/gpu block in the future only thing u'll probably need to upgrade is the radiator. Otherwise, this kit should work nicely

Osirus said:

Great find! Everything there looks pretty good except for the rad. I would be suspicious of how it performs.

greenman is right. Thermochill 120.3 is a complete waste of money. The rad costs like $100 alone and it is complete overkill. A good Chevette or JR-120 does the job.

DangerDen did steal Cathar's design. But I bought from them...the Maze4-1 I bought seems to be the best beginning TEC for gpu. However I would never buy a RBX from them (don't have to follow what I do).

My Asus A7N8X differs from the Abit NF7-S. The A7N8X really is known to respond to high Vdd unlike the NF7-S. Whereas the NF7-S would get a max FSB with 1.75-1.8V NB, I would get max at 1.95-2.0V NB.

That waterblock is the latest swiftech waterblock, so you won't need to upgrade that one.

And greenman, I'm pretty damn sure the MCP600 Rev. 2 and the AquaXtreme are the exact same pump (except colored differently).

However, if you want to go with that kit Osirus, it's fine by me. Newegg is reliable and fast, and you'll have minimal installation with that one (it uses 1/2" ID tubing too, which is good)

lol...what if they ship from the New Jersey warehouse? I know this guy who lives 10 min. away from the NJ warehouse and newegg shipped to him from the LA warehouse. How sad lol.

Osirus said:
thats the dual 120mm fan radiator... is the waterblock ok? or does that need a upgrade?

don't let the plain looks of that block fool you - it is one of the best performing waterblocks you can get.

review:
http://www.procooling.com/reviews/html/swiftech_mcw6000-a_review_-_5_.php

the only part in that system that bothers me is the radiator - it looks like one of the bastages that will have a pretty decent flowrate hit. It would likely work fine with the mcp800 forcing water through it though.
You'd still be better off with a modded 77 bonneville heatercore. :D

Back