• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU folding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, you need to be sure =)

GPU folding is different than just regular cpu folding in that you need to go get a different client and you cannot run them from the same folder (maybe diff sub folders is ok, but you need to look closely and make sure they do not share any of the same files or subfolders themselves.)

Maybe you should make a c:\program files\F@H\ then make a CPU folder and a GPU folder and put the files for the respective clients into their correct folders.

Also, if you are running the FAH cpu client as a service, just let it go. No need to click anything to start it. You can see if it is running by checking task manager.

(to start or stop it, go into administrative programs, services and look for FAH, right click to start or stop)

I don't have a clear picture of what you are currently doing. First you say you're CPU+GPU folding, but you haven't completed a GPU WU since the beginning of this thread (2-27), when you should be doing at least one per day. Then you say you have no GPU log because you uninstalled it. Lastly you're going to ditch the screensaver GPU client when there isn't a working screensaver GPU client. Rather than figure out what you're doing, we should approach this in the context of what you should have done. You should have downloaded FAH5.04 into one directory and FAH5.91(beta 3 or 4) into another (not a subdirectory of of the 5.04 directory). FAH5.04 is running more or less correctly (a bit slow), so we won't mess with that. I'd use the directory structure .../FAH/FAH CPU and .../FAH/FAH GPU. If you downloaded the GPU client before Feb 01, you must download the latest beta version as the earier one expired on that date. When running -config you must change the machine ID for the GPU client in advanced options. Don't run the GPU client as a service. There are ways to make it work by having the service interact with the desktop, but for now run it from a shortcut. If you change users or context, the GPU client will stop and muct be restarted. I recommend the console GPU client (beta 3) over the GUI GPU client (beta 4).

Back