• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU/IGPU hangs the system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
I have a known issue, but i havnt been able to find a fix.

I have a machine running a PCIe GPU, with 2 monitors attached (max support on GPU) and a third connected to the IGPU.

Once IGPU is enabled in bios, the machine i no longer able to shut down or restart. Its just hangs.

Is there a solution for htis issue apart from getting a new GPU?

Before you go off getting a new GPU, it would be helpful to know if its actually the problem. ;)

Does the iGPU hang the system without the discrete GPU installed?
Did you install the drivers for the iGPU?

So basically you want to plug third monitor to iGPU? I don't think there is way around it I believe only if you had AMD card with APU that supports crossfire with each other it would be possible. Like this it just makes confusion to entire machine since dedicated and iGPU are not able to work together. I tried this long time ago with 2 screens and I had no picture on neither of screens or it would show up artifacts it was tried on old CRT monitors.

I've never heard of an Intel IGPU and a discrete GPU both outputting at the same time. Are you trying to run 3 monitors from the NUC in your sig? Is there a chance a 15w i3 just isn't up to the task? (Just asking, I have no idea myself).

Back