• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Upgrade Suggestion??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I buy used stuff all the time. Got a bad HD 7970 off eBay recently. Used the eBay buyer protection program. Got a free shipping label and all my money back. This was *rare* as in it almost never happens. I snipe stuff off eBay and build computers for those that cannot afford them and then I give them away. I just finished up my 5th one for the year and I hope to do more next year. I find it really rewarding to do this. It's fun taking discarded parts and making a usable gaming system out of it. The lowest video card I have used so far is a GTX 770. The best have been GTX 980 & 1060. Only had two parts actually turn out dead that I could not return (bought as untested) and I saved so much on the other parts I still came out pretty darn good for what I spent in total. :D

90% of my hardware is used and the only things to ever give out on me where from either my abuse or negligence with my cat and soldering irons:D. All joking aside I buy used stuff all the time and don't have issues. You just have to do your research and know what you are buying and from whom.

A lot of my stuff in my 7700K rig (see sig) is used: Motherboard, CPU, SSD 1TB SSD, HDDs 2x 2TB, DVD, not 90% of it but some pretty major components.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO buying used is perfectly fine. When looking at used GPUs I make sure aftermarket coolers are available and take that cost into consideration too. Fans fail far more frequently than the actual video card.

Eagerly is in Malaysia (according to the currency he referenced), so not too sure on his options for newer used hardware. ;)

BTW, have you considered the GTX 950/960? They are between the two cards you are considering.

Im kinda interested in 750ti plus the deal i found is awesomely cheap and based on fps benchmark on youtube (can be trusted?) it plays games well and tiny different from 1050 (not ti), say 5-20fps difference. Idk much but it seems 750ti is a supra (representing a car that can be tuned up to 1000 horsepower as overclocking). The seller says condition: 9/10 , not sure if used or refurbished but it have positive replies. Im supposed to stay with this option?

Myr 290 // $71.10 for gtx 750 ti
Myr 550 // $134.85 for gtx 1050
Myr 660 // $161.82 for gtx 1050 ti
Myr 1000 // $245.19 for gtx 960
For referrence

IMO the bottom line is buy the best one you can afford. If you can afford to spend the money, the 1050 (or 1050 ti) will provide a better gaming experience for a longer period of time than the 750 ti.
If the price range of the 750 ti is what you can afford or feel more comfortable spending, then get it. It will be worlds better than your current 210.

IMO the bottom line is buy the best one you can afford. If you can afford to spend the money, the 1050 (or 1050 ti) will provide a better gaming experience for a longer period of time than the 750 ti.
If the price range of the 750 ti is what you can afford or feel more comfortable spending, then get it. It will be worlds better than your current 210.

About sums it up right there. If the price gap was closer I would say it might be worth waiting and saving a few bucks to be able to step up one tier but as is grab what you can and you will be a lot better off.

I would avoid the 960 though as the price premium on it will not result in markedly better results than the 1050ti aiming they are comparable on the vram specifications.

Back