• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphic Card help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brandon Jens

Ok PC Gamers and those that build there own. My son is attempting to build himself a gaming system, only thing he did not get was a graphics card and plans to use his brother’s old one until he saves the money for a better one. A friend of theirs came over and installed the motherboard, power supply, ram, etc., all seems to boot up, however the monitor does not display anything... any advice?
It does seem that the mother board SHOULD support the graphics card.

Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
Current Graphics Card:
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

GPU

Also, this graphics card does not seem to have power running to it... just plugged into the slot

It has a fan... and the fan does not turn when the PC is started up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some models of the 1050ti require a 6 pin power connector to be plugged into them. Do your model have a spot to plug a power cable into it?

Also, what card is it, exactly? There should be a sticker on it that tells you.

There is no 6-pin connector...

IMG_4300.jpg

Also... I just pulled the card. It also won’t display when plugged into the mother motherboard either!
FYI, I’m absolutely new to all this!

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't get a anything from the motherboard unless your CPU is an APU. AMD processors do not come with integrated graphics. ;)

What cpu is in there?

I assume the gpu was inserted into the top gpu slot?

That board has debug leds....what stays lit up as it goes through POST? Is it the GPU led or something else?

So... it had something to do with the RAM.
Had them in A2 & B2 ram slots.
Removed one stick from B2 and booted up along with gpu!!
Both sticks worked in A2.
Now have one in A2 and one B1 and works as well, will that work performance-wise?

So after we got the operating system up and running and installed windows etc, we shut down, moved the stick back to B2 and all started up just fine. BOOM!

So after we got the operating system up and running and installed windows etc, we shut down, moved the stick back to B2 and all started up just fine. BOOM!

It could have been the ram in B2 was not all the way in when you 1st built the PC, taking it out then putting it back may have seated it all the way, that's what it looks like to me.

I was thinking maybe the same thing. But these sticks have the RGB lights and they were both lit up when it wasn’t booting... but hey, all good now!

Power is one thing... them working properly is another. I've had RGB RAM light up but wasn't seated properly/didnt't work before. ;)

Back