• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Great and or the best 120mm fans for watercooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I am starting my WC project next month. In the past i have been very happy with Enermax UCCL12's, this was for 2 reasons. White LEDs and low noise even at full speed, but, i have found that they are very weak when it comes to moving air around.

I have 4 of them at the moment, and a rebuild of my system to WC, i would replace all 4. I would like to replace all fans in my system as i dont feel any of them are doing a good job for my needs.

So i sat down and read Bluezero5's 101 on fans, and i came to the conclution that the only fans i can actually get,from his list, are the Typhoon AP15's They are slightly heavy on price, but i must have 7x120mm fans.

Now, since im taking out all my LED fans, fan color is no longer a big issue for me, but still an issue!

4 fans will be used for push/pull on my rad, and 3 fans for taking air out the case.

Case fans.
I do not mind a mix of fans. I am looking for 3 very efficient case fans, i hear great things about noctua, but i do not like the color, any one following my build will know i am picky with color theme. I would prefer black and/or white fans as case fans. All 3 fans will be removing air from the case! My dual gpu cards run hot, and i would like to get the hot air out.

Rad fans.
I need 4 good fans here, i was thinking about the Typhoon AP15's being my rad fans, but maybe there is better out there? Unfortunatly no one supplys the Typhoon AP30 here in Denmark, otherwise this would be my choice.

Input would be great! :thup:

These would be nice for your case my friend? AJ.

1, http://www.phanteks.com/01/PH-F140TS.html

2, http://cdon.dk/hjemme-elektronik/phanteks_ph-f140ts-rd_premium_case_fan_-_red-15563004

Maybe you could order from this Danish web site!

CFM 78.0 MAX airflow.

Hey Phil, thank you, but the ones you link to are 140mm, i need 120mm.

I am really looking at the tose high RPM Typhoon, but i need to know if they would work well on a rad, or if they are purely for Case flow.

The AP (Gentle Typhoon) series has awesome pressure and took the WC world by storm due to the quality, noise, CFM and pressure ratings.

Unless you have a high FPI rad you don't need push/pull either. What rad are you getting?

You can ask questions about WC also in the WC subforum if you like.

AP-30's are really fast and unless you have a fan controller it's too loud. I think 2 AP-15's are fine, they do make an AP-29, less RPM and maybe one about 2500 RPM, not sure of the #. Still, I think you'll like the AP-15s as tons do. I run 6 on my rads, two 120x3 rads though.

AP-30's are really fast and unless you have a fan controller it's too loud. I think 2 AP-15's are fine, they do make an AP-29, less RPM and maybe one about 2500 RPM, not sure of the #. Still, I think you'll like the AP-15s as tons do. I run 6 on my rads, two 120x3 rads though.

I only have the 600T fan controller, which is what I would use.

I do know that the AP30 would be loud at full speed.

So AP15's would good enough?

Back