• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Great price on PII X4 955 BE Tiger Direct!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, it's linked now over in the Cyber deals section. Still available too but the deal is only for a few more hours. It was a 24 hour sale.

Thought everyone in the states would no about Tiger Direct.

I've got like the same thing i think...except its a 945 not a 955? you can check my post (its like the first post) i dont know enough to notice much else of a difference.

I've got like the same thing i think...except its a 945 not a 955? you can check my post (its like the first post) i dont know enough to notice much else of a difference.

The main thing is your 945 has a locked multiplier. Which means you can't ovelclock it with the multiplier, which is the easy way. You will have to use the front side bus (fsb) (aka, HT Reference, CPU frequency).

I wonder if there's any difference in the overclocking potential between those CPUs that wind up in the OEM channel and those that are sold as retail. Are the OEMs often the culls?

Dont know much about them but did see somewhere was said they didnt come with a cooler .... biggest difference. I am sure we will hear about it when it comes in.

Back