• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Greatest signature quotes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't remember who's siggy it was in but it went something like this.

Want to get rid of stupid people? Just remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Last edited:
1) Give a man a fire keep him warm for a night,
Set a man on fire keep him warm the rest of his life.

2) Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you wtih experience.
Never argue with me, I'll drag you down to the ground and beat you with my baseball bat.

"Now, for some functions, the partial derivatives ∂f²/(∂x∂y) = ∂f²/(∂y∂x) - so the order in which you do them doesn't matter. These are called "nice" functions. These are functions your mother would be happy with you going out with, not like some horrible nasty functions that lurk about, lure you into a false sense of security then give you a nasty surprise."
-- Dr Braden, University of Edinburgh.

David that is the best quote over, the physics major in me appaulds you

:D My favorite:

Mayor Marion Barry-----Washington D.C.

"Outside of the killings,
Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."

And Miss Alabama and yes since I live in Alabama I can see a blonde saying this:

Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest on immortality and circular thinking

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?

" I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever. "

She should have run for office in Canada. Former Prime Minister Jean Poutine said this: "I don't know, a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof is a proof? A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's proven."

David said:
I like my one by Erwin Schrodinger, concerning quantum mechanics :D.

As in Schrodinger's cat?

"If you take apart a cat to see how it works, what you'll end up with is a non-working cat." Not sure if thats a Schrodinger quotation, but it's spoken at the end of the Ayreon CD "The Human Equation"

Breadfan said:
As in Schrodinger's cat?

"If you take apart a cat to see how it works, what you'll end up with is a non-working cat." Not sure if thats a Schrodinger quotation, but it's spoken at the end of the Ayreon CD "The Human Equation"

Yes, as in Schrodingers cat. Better not tell eobard what happens with the cat he might get upset :eek: :D

Breadfan said:
As in Schrodinger's cat?

Thats not the Schrodingers quotation, and David doesn't want me to say what its about :(

David said:
Yes, as in Schrodingers cat. Better not tell eobard what happens with the cat he might get upset :eek: :D

Well, if he opens the box and it's dead, then it would be his fault because the state of the cat is determined by the observer. Then we could be all "n00b, you collapsed the wavefunction now!"

RoadWarrior said:
Well, if he opens the box and it's dead, then it would be his fault because the state of the cat is determined by the observer. Then we could be all "n00b, you collapsed the wavefunction now!"

Depends which universe he ends up in.... :D

there was one i used for a long time... came from David....

"Get married at the LAN....

"Do you, 56 level Tauren Warrior take the Level 15 Elf Wizard...."

Heres a good one from "Love Actually" (film)

Colin: "I have finally figured out why I can never find true love - English girls! They are too stuck up. I prefer more laid back girls, like American girls. I am going to America!"
Colin's friend: "You are a lonely, ugly, *******, Colin, and you must learn to accept it"
Colin: "No! I am COLIN, God of sex. I'm just on the wrong continent, thats all"

Quotes? I just found one from Larva that I got a chuckle out of.

"Geez, that thing has its own zip code." - in referance to the Thermaltake Sonic Tower

David said:
Heres a good one from "Love Actually" (film)

Colin: "I have finally figured out why I can never find true love - English girls! They are too stuck up. I prefer more laid back girls, like American girls. I am going to America!"
Colin's friend: "You are a lonely, ugly, *******, Colin, and you must learn to accept it"
Colin: "No! I am COLIN, God of sex. I'm just on the wrong continent, thats all"

I like :D

Back