• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grills - any NON circular ones available?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulus

Registered
Ok, I've looked at AutoZone, O'Reilly Auto, Home Depot, Lowes, Radio Shack - and just about everywhere else, and I can't find SQUARE grills!

Here's the deal. I have two case fans in the front of the system, and of course, the air is expected to be pulled in through the wimpy slot at the front/bottom of the case.

so I pulled off the front of the case and using my handy dany RotoZip, routed some nice holes to let the air right on through.

Now, I did have an old 14" monitor, and monitor cases have all kinds of potential for grills - check the sides and top. But they're plastic, and kinda crappy.

I took the monitor apart and it has a swiss cheese looking grounding plate that worked well. The only problem is that after cutting out the panels at the correct size, I've got scalloped edges on these grills.

So the big question is, does anybody have a source for plain, square grills with either slots or holes?

Have you looked at the square fan filters?
Maybe check with 64Thunderbolt about a custom made grille.

you might want to start thinking about making your own? perhaps, made out of aluminum? I don't know, just a thought... good luck though!

Lol when i first looked at this post i thought it said Girls...any non circular ones available. Anyways I would say just make your own... you could use any material you wanted and it would be easy.

H4deS said:
Lol when i first looked at this post i thought it said Girls...any non circular ones available. Anyways I would say just make your own... you could use any material you wanted and it would be easy.

[color=ff9000]lol[/color]

I bought some panels made by bondo. They're square aluminum with little diagnol holes in it. Wish I had a picture to show you. You should be able to pick the stuff up at any hardware/automotive store. One side is sticky(for attaching it to the vehicle you're going to patch) and covered with a piece of peel away paper. Actually, I do have an old pic. This is one of my old case. The stuff I used is on the bottom front. I then trimmed the hole with some trim from autozone as well.

Hope this helps.

front1.jpg

I have square grills on my case fans. I have pinched them from my thermaltake heatsinks :D

Attachments

• square grill.jpg
    square grill.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 136
Back