• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grizzly Conductonaut at 0 Ambient

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
People do still use it, heck I have a tube around somewhere. It is just no longer the go to paste as the cost of similar or better non conductive pastes are the same as AS5. As the performance of AS5 is no better than alternatives and it saves you no money I tend to avoid recommending it based on the fact that it is conductive and could potentially cause a problem. Secondarily to this AS5 does require a burn in for full performance so some people freak out when their system is not performing as well as expected right of the bat as they are not waiting for the final temp results after burn in.

Yes.. 200 hours is a bit of a wait lol. I'm going to put my x58 rig back in my main case, This z77 board has a weird usb glitch that I cant seem to shake. Its a real pita. I like the speed, and all that, but My x58 didn't give me those issues. So I guess I will see how my new cooler works on LGA1366. I'm thinking I will just flip the z77 and maybe roll with something a little newer.

And it doesnt even drop that much maybe 2-3C at most.

Also AS5 is slightly capacitive. It is not conductive. :)

Yeah not too much, about 2-3c. My hardware issue was my old Logitech G5 is worn out. Its got some cable fraying right at the base, and my mouse mat lost its texture so it must have been messing with the sensor. Nothing wrong with the usb ports or controllers :p

Back