• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill Makes Powersupplies?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I'll be *insert profanity here*. You know my next stop is johnnyguru and OK Wolf to if they have the lowdown on this. :D

update: Nope, no joy there. I wonder who is making the platform for them. If the quality is on par with their RAM, EVGA now has competition.

Look solid from ads? Lol

Nkt sure who the oem is, but yeah, they slapped a sticker on someone's psu!

haha you know what i mean. theres no info on them to be had. checked johnny guru and no help there either. is there a gskill rep here?

edit- emailed gskill tech support USA and their media email. hopefully they will respond.
edit 2- heres a thread about them. they say they are likely cwt depending on type.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15642&highlight=skill

Last edited:
Probrably the same kind of deal OCZ had before.
If they have actually stepped into that part of the market I know they will make an effort to put out a quality product..... Or at the least put pressure on the maker to be sure it is - But it's probrably just a G. Skill name-badged unit.

Well that is no fun, they use their own UL listing E475152

capture111.jpg

We havent had a qualified psu reviewer with proper testing equipment in years...i wouldnt expect one soon. :(

I have quite a bit of experience with power electronics design so I could even reverse engineer PSUs. What does it take to be a part time reviewer?

...or maybe sooner than we thought. :)

As far as what is needed. Not terribly much. The knowledge amd tools to properly review a unit (load testing, hotbox for testing in warmer ambients, ripple...etc (youd know better than I!). Knowing the internals, what is good and bad...the ability to write well.

Ill message you soon, wed love to get another on board and getting some reviews up!

Back