• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill Makes Powersupplies?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
He's back! It's great to see ya around! So retiring this November from your 9-5 or from here as well? Will you still be doing reviews or is that done as well?

Retiring 11/28/18 from jonnyGURU.com after 11 years and change and over 400 reviews.

Ahh, gotcha. Well I'd like to say thank you for your fine and impeccable service in the PSU review field. I do hope you at least drop in from time to time and say hi and keep in touch with us. It has been awesome having you here :thup:

If you legitimately have the proper equipment and the know-how to test PSUs please send either myself or Earthdog a PM.

I know how let me see if I still have everything over at my folks to do a proper test. Like no joke style. I don't know if I have enough to do a proper loadbank right now, but that could be easily rectified.

I do have plenty of equipment to actually maintain long term loaded tests if you guys would want to see a psu revisited after 6 months to a year.

Last edited:
I know how let me see if I still have everything over at my folks to do a proper test. Like no joke style. I don't know if I have enough to do a proper loadbank right now, but that could be easily rectified.

I do have plenty of equipment to actually maintain long term loaded tests if you guys would want to see a psu revisited after 6 months to a year.

This is looking good! I also would have faith in NiHaoMike, as my experience here is that he knows his way around Things Electric. Two PSU reviewers wouldn't hurt at all...... :D

Let us know if you still have everything and/or want to get the pieces you're missing to start reviewing :thup:

Well, I'll be *insert profanity here*. You know my next stop is johnnyguru and OK Wolf to if they have the lowdown on this. :D

update: Nope, no joy there. I wonder who is making the platform for them. If the quality is on par with their RAM, EVGA now has competition.

^ I had the impression that Corsair was a valid competitor to EVGAs PSU's rated below 1200w.

***I do not profess to having any type of knowledge on the AC/DC or DC/DC workings of a PSU***

I have seen this modular configuration before. I want to say that it reminds me of the 2012-2014 Corsair RM-800w to 1000w PSU but I'm not sure.
https://www.gskill.com/en/product/ps1250p-platinum-power-supply. < WOW!!! has a rating of 1250w and will push 4 video cards with 2x8 pins. The Corsair AX-1200(i) and the EVGA G2-1300w will only do 3 video cards from the same PSU.
In ~ 2014 I had to purchase a Lepa 1600w PSU to be able to run 4 video cards from 1 PSU. While I was looking around trying to match the G.Skill PSU to ??? I noticed that Corsair PSU's now have a 10yr warranty. EVGA was the only one that offered that kind of warranty :)

^ I had the impression that Corsair was a valid competitor to EVGAs PSU's rated below 1200w.

***I do not profess to having any type of knowledge on the AC/DC or DC/DC workings of a PSU***

Corsair, SilverStone, some TT units, there are quite a few good ones available. Even Enermax. I just picked EVGA as an example because they're pretty much the most recommended ATM. They've gotten a lot of perfect scores at Jonny Guru the last couple years.

theres a $30 coupon on the 850w and 1250w. 850watt platinum for $130 is nice. someone needs to do a real review on one. curiosity is killing me.

Back