• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GSkill price drop on thier ddr500 2gig kits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Joe Camel said:
maybe im just a "timings junkie" but 3-4-4-8 really turns me off :(

on the other hand, "<$200 = 2Gig" turns me on ;)

Has to be better then the miss matched DDR333 ram i was using in my previous rig that wasnt even running in DDR mode. It was only a gig but i just threw anything together i could in order to plat eq2.

Hopefully as i said before these work well with the rest of my rig in my signature.

beavismorpheus said:
does this stuff work with socket am2?
:welcome: to the forums.....

I believe the ram of choice for M2 will be DDR2. They might make a few motherboards that are DDR but they probably won't be the cream of the crop boards.

ochungry said:
sell your machine gun (as your picture as avatar indicates) and you have money to buy the rams, go to college and sit in your cosy dorm room and play game-instead of going to jail, sitting in a cold sell next to a 300 pounds tattooed sex maniac who loves hugging you to keep you warm.
Your choice, make the call :mad:

IIRC, that is a laser gun.

No. Don't get your hopes up, it isn't the cool kind of laser gun that burns through inch thick plates of titanium and the skull of whoever happens to be behind said inch thick plate of titanium armor.
All it does is temporarily blind people and blind/damage optical systems.
At least we know what all those laser-tag guns from the 90s are being used for these days...

futura2001 said:
IIRC, that is a laser gun.

No. Don't get your hopes up, it isn't the cool kind of laser gun that burns through inch thick plates of titanium and the skull of whoever happens to be behind said inch thick plate of titanium armor.
All it does is temporarily blind people and blind/damage optical systems.
At least we know what all those laser-tag guns from the 90s are being used for these days...
sorry about hijacking the thread but just need ask couple of questions.
is it legal?
why would you want to use it on someone?
do you have any other weapons?

ochungry said:
sitting in a cold sell next to a 300 pounds tattooed sex maniac who loves hugging you to keep you warm.
Oh so you've met Oni! /jk

Do you have a problem with guns? You seem to have flipped out over my avatar. First of all that gun is isn't even lethal. It is in development to use when the police/military/mall guards/ etc. don't want to use a fire arm. All it does is make them go "Ow! My eyes! Oh sweet irony, after years of enjoying being able to see I am blind." The effects are temporary and won't cause any permanent damage, the big selling point of this weaponn over previous attempts.

EDIT-To further answer your questions: It will be legal (though I doubt it will be sold to civies) after it gets finished. Yes, I do have other weapons. I have a Redrider carbine action model air rifle. :santa:

If you ever have a problem with me again just shoot me up a pm. No reason to go around slandering people.
/thread jack

Last edited:
z0n3 said:
Oh so you've met Oni! /jk

Do you have a problem with guns? You seem to have flipped out over my avatar. First of all that gun is isn't even lethal. It is in development to use when the police/military/mall guards/ etc. don't want to use a fire arm. All it does is make them go "Ow! My eyes! Oh sweet irony, after years of enjoying being able to see I am blind." The effects are temporary and won't cause any permanent damage, the big selling point of this weaponn over previous attempts.

EDIT-To further answer your questions: It will be legal (though I doubt it will be sold to civies) after it gets finished. Yes, I do have other weapons. I have a Redrider carbine action model air rifle. :santa:

If you ever have a problem with me again just shoot me up a pm. No reason to go around slandering people.
/thread jack
How many guns do you own?

Would a single one of these perform similarly? or would i get 2200mb/s as opposed to 5000mb/s read in everest? how much does dual channel improve transfer speeds?

I got my 2gb kit today. Im having some problems getting the timimgs to 3-4-4-8, mine defaulted to 3-3-3-7.

JamesC said:
I got my 2gb kit today. Im having some problems getting the timimgs to 3-4-4-8, mine defaulted to 3-3-3-7.
So do you think that is a problem?
I call it good luck. 3-3-3-7 is better than 3-3-3-8.

ochungry said:
So do you think that is a problem?
I call it good luck. 3-3-3-7 is better than 3-3-3-8.

im not really familiar with timings and everything but im getting 210fbs from these defualt settings at 3-3-3-7. was hoping for the whole 250 but at the price i got better then ddr400 so im not going to complain.

ummm you have to set them to 250 if you want 250
they will not default to anything but 200 unless you have something different set in the bios :)

Newegg has a selection of G.skills for under 200, which one is good for running multiple application, overclocking in the future, planning to use a DFI lanparty Nforce 4

right now i have gigabyte GA-7vrx that wouldn't be able to harness all of its power, but it should work on this old motherboard before I make my new computer right?

azu said:
o.o that makes me wanna exchange mine :(
exchange your crucial 2-2-2-6?
why not just get another set of crucial 2x512 for $120, same brand same timing.
arnt those crucial you have single side(chips one side only)

I have found runing 4x512 to seriously kill an overclock. Maybe that is just intel though.

JamesC - you need to go into your bios and swith your ram timings from "Set by SPD" to "Manual". If you are running 210fsb, it would be safe to say you could prob run those at at least 2.5-3-3-7, maybe 2-3-3-6.

Back