• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GT5 on Novemeber 2 2010? yeaaaaaaah right

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mine has just arrived at work !

I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming it's arrival !

Unfortantely, I have to wait till half 7 to play it :(

Mine hasn't arrived yet... either my postie is quite late or im not getting it today... which is pants as I have the day off!! :(

Postie has been... no game... What's the point in pre-ordering if it doesn't arrive on the day!! Play.com has let me down... :(

that's really bad. I feel sorry for you.

I got it from Play as well.

Must be becuase your up in barbaric Scotland :p

Probably... i had today off as well... got to work tomorrow!! Dang nabbit!!

Let me know if it's good!!

Well, the optional 8GB hard disk install seems to be going well so far. It reckons 30 mins for the install.

It is optional though.

This is on top of the 133MB patch as well.

Will it load faster if the game is installed...?

The wait must be agonising... i know it is for me!!

yeah. It says that it will load faster, which is why I installed it.

The game so far is like a much improved version of GT4. Still got the classic smooth GT music when in 'my home'. Graphics are good, sometimes looking like real life. Still a bit of jagged edges on smooth flowing scenes. Driving physics are good and competition is not to hard.

The one bad point is the so called "Damage". Run into a barrier at anything under a 100MPH and you'll bounce off without a dint. For a game that is "The real driving simulator", this isn't very realistic.

It's a lot of fun with my setup :) i am level 16 and my b-spec driver is level 5.

I havent done much online racing though :/

I am enjoying it... altho i feel even tho it has been 5 years (at least) in the making... it doesn't feel finished to me.

I find it frustrating when you take a car into GT Auto and half of the options can't be performed on said car... this seems to happen a lot and it annoys the hell out of me... I can't even change the wheels on my '92 Honda Civic?!?!? C'mon!!

The graphics are good... not great but good... what really detracts from the visuals are the shadows... when you drive under trees the shadows look like they have doom size pixels... not cool...

Another point is the loading screens... yes some of them are a bit long... but for me, some of them seem unnecessary. When you win a car after a championship or whatever, instead of it going straight into your garage, it goes into "Car delivery" in which you have to select the car you just won... click yes for the option to use it... loading screen... car shows up, get the option to use car now... loading screen... Why can't it just go straight into the garage and cut out two loading screens...?

Also, how the hell do you get a pick-up truck?!?! It's the only one i've not done in the amateur series but no one sells them (unless i missed it) and i've yet to come across one in the used dealership!!

Overall I like it... but was it worth the wait? hmmmmm.....

I am enjoying it... altho i feel even tho it has been 5 years (at least) in the making... it doesn't feel finished to me.

I find it frustrating when you take a car into GT Auto and half of the options can't be performed on said car... this seems to happen a lot and it annoys the hell out of me... I can't even change the wheels on my '92 Honda Civic?!?!? C'mon!!

The graphics are good... not great but good... what really detracts from the visuals are the shadows... when you drive under trees the shadows look like they have doom size pixels... not cool...

Another point is the loading screens... yes some of them are a bit long... but for me, some of them seem unnecessary. When you win a car after a championship or whatever, instead of it going straight into your garage, it goes into "Car delivery" in which you have to select the car you just won... click yes for the option to use it... loading screen... car shows up, get the option to use car now... loading screen... Why can't it just go straight into the garage and cut out two loading screens...?

Also, how the hell do you get a pick-up truck?!?! It's the only one i've not done in the amateur series but no one sells them (unless i missed it) and i've yet to come across one in the used dealership!!

I would agree with that. I think that the obsessive detail which they put into the 'Premium' cars is more than can be noticed. No cockpit view on all the 'Standard' cars is also a real shame.

I would agree with that. I think that the obsessive detail which they put into the 'Premium' cars is more than can be noticed. No cockpit view on all the 'Standard' cars is also a real shame.

Just won the Bugatti Veyron!! Tuned it up to almost 1200hp... reached 260mph... not bad!!

Have you managed to get a pick-up truck??? It's really annoying how they aren't any to be found!!

Can we be friends?

I said the same things and people ostracized me because I wasn't agreeing with all the sites.

For five years, this is not worth it.

In coock-pit view of "standard" cars have no engine noise? With a racing exhaust?

One might say I am a Forza fanboy, but it is the superior GAME. Driving can be argued all day and night, but nobody knows.

Forza has more intuitive menus, better options, consistent graphics which aren't that below GT5 in all honesty.

SOUND: Forza is a whole other league in sound. Rear/mid engine cars have the engine sounds in the rear channels, exhaust as well. V8's have throaty roars, boxers warble, etc.

GT5 damage=lol.

I do enjoy the rally and other aspects, but those things are big pet peeves.

Can we be friends?

I said the same things and people ostracized me because I wasn't agreeing with all the sites.

For five years, this is not worth it.

In coock-pit view of "standard" cars have no engine noise? With a racing exhaust?

One might say I am a Forza fanboy, but it is the superior GAME. Driving can be argued all day and night, but nobody knows.

Forza has more intuitive menus, better options, consistent graphics which aren't that below GT5 in all honesty.

SOUND: Forza is a whole other league in sound. Rear/mid engine cars have the engine sounds in the rear channels, exhaust as well. V8's have throaty roars, boxers warble, etc.

GT5 damage=lol.

I do enjoy the rally and other aspects, but those things are big pet peeves.

Yes we can... :D

If i had an xbox... i would be all over Forza, but i've only ever played the first one, and i have always loved the GT series...

I agree with your comments about the noise the car makes... some of the cars sound like what they should... but most just have a similar generic sound... and yes, the damage is laughable

These are all minor niggles... the driving is excellent... but i can't help but feel that these niggles shouldn't exist given the development time... I had myself hyped up for this game and it just hasn't delivered. I will play through and complete the game... but after that, I'll probably never touch it again...

Yes we can... :D

If i had an xbox... i would be all over Forza, but i've only ever played the first one, and i have always loved the GT series...

I agree with your comments about the noise the car makes... some of the cars sound like what they should... but most just have a similar generic sound... and yes, the damage is laughable

These are all minor niggles... the driving is excellent... but i can't help but feel that these niggles shouldn't exist given the development time... I had myself hyped up for this game and it just hasn't delivered. I will play through and complete the game... but after that, I'll probably never touch it again...

It is a great game and has introduced some aspects I pray other games take advantage of. Weather driving was ridiculous.

I just expected more with this wait.

Any other input? I am getting this for X-mas. I loved 3/4 and I think the game will provide hours and hours of fun, personally.

Back