• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTS250 SLI possible on the MSI K9N SLI Platinum?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chad82

Hi all, I've just found the forum via google and I'm hoping someone here can offer me some advise, as my googlefoo seems to be lacking tonight.

I'm currently running a K9N SLI Platinum, Athlon X2 6400+, 4GB Ram and a nvidia GTS 250. I was thinking of picking up a 2nd GTS 250 to run in SLI, but I'm not sure the K9N will support 2 of these cards?

My understanding is the nForce 570 chipset will run one card at 16x, but with 2 cards in SLI this will be split between both slots leaving them at 8x. I've also read that the performance difference between 16x and 8x is minor for the GTS 250 so there should still be a performance benefit.

I think I have answered my own question here as it sounds like it should fine, but I would appreciate some feedback before I rush out and buy a second card as the mobo is pretty old.

Thanks for reading this :)

Chad.

Thanks for the reply, I figured that may be the case as my mobo and CPU are quite old now, hopefully I will be replacing them in the summer which will solve that problem. :)

Back