• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG GTXJackBauer's 900D Nostalgia v2.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey Buddy did you have the time to look at the SSD again Jack?? Don't mind the Comments about the SLI Bridge it looks OK to me!!

AJ.

How do you like the Helix as a rad fan?

I think they are great and very affordable. They beat any fan at the $10 range imo. They have great pressure and are pretty silent, at least to me. lol Good thing was they had the color I wanted for my Black/White/Chrome theme to it.

Wish I had went push n pull but they would've been almost next to each other down there.

Hey Buddy did you have the time to look at the SSD again Jack?? Don't mind the Comments about the SLI Bridge it looks OK to me!!

AJ.

Haha, thanks AJ for approving my SLI bridge.

I haven't messed with the SSD because I don't want to mess with the system just yet. I game daily and don't want to bug the system out. Once I have a slowdown I will mess with it. I have the SSD installed just have the SATA cable disconnected from the MB.

Did you have any issues with it all before? Like a few BSODs here and there?

I am not sure about that Jack, most of mine would be due to pushing things really hard for my HWbot Benching. But like i said i reformatted the SSD before i sent it off and it has the best Firmware installed on it. So fingers crossed it should be fine.

Regards,

AJ.

most of mine would be due to pushing things really hard for my HWbot Benching.

So are you saying you have? I don't know why a SSD would BSOD on a benchmark. I believe it shouldn't when being tested and is up to date. Weird. I'll eventually look into it.

No its more to do with Win 7 Software than the SSD, sorry for the late answer here Jack, but been busy with family matters. And i have not been feeling to well of late my friend.

Regards,

AJ.

So are you saying you have? I don't know why a SSD would BSOD on a benchmark. I believe it shouldn't when being tested and is up to date. Weird. I'll eventually look into it.

The SSD won't be the cause of the BSOD. ;)
Don't worry, SSD's are more reliable than spinners these days.

No its more to do with Win 7 Software than the SSD, sorry for the late answer here Jack, but been busy with family matters. And i have not been feeling to well of late my friend.

Regards,

AJ.

Hey no worries. Hope you feel better.

The SSD won't be the cause of the BSOD. ;)
Don't worry, SSD's are more reliable than spinners these days.

I've heard if you fill them up too much, they decrease in performance.

Hey Jack on that SLI bridge, does the piece that has EVGA cut out a separate piece or permanently connected to the front? I want one of these, but you know I'm going to have to mess with it. you knew that would happen! he he he I like your rig! these are just incredible cases.

Hey Jack on that SLI bridge, does the piece that has EVGA cut out a separate piece or permanently connected to the front? I want one of these, but you know I'm going to have to mess with it. you knew that would happen! he he he I like your rig! these are just incredible cases.

Thanks a lot sir. :salute:

The SLI Bridge has 3 white LEDs to it and can be unscrewed to add in those color fill-in plastic or plexi pieces. I really forgot but I can try and measure or take a few shots of one of the colors next to a quarter for example to give you an idea. Let me know.

not necessary, the pic's you showed are enough. Unfortunately with the spacing of my cards and just 2, that bridge is the wimpiest one of the bunch, because it is smaller. But it's still the coolest bridge available.

not necessary, the pic's you showed are enough. Unfortunately with the spacing of my cards and just 2, that bridge is the wimpiest one of the bunch, because it is smaller. But it's still the coolest bridge available.

Which bridge are you talking about since they have 3 products. The first one is the skinniest and longest just for a 2-way SLI.

yes that's the one I'm talking about Jack. I will have two way SLI - I think it's something like 63 or 68mm spacing. That's the one I need. I guess I just need more cards if I want the big cool ones ha ha not this time!

yes that's the one I'm talking about Jack. I will have two way SLI - I think it's something like 63 or 68mm spacing. That's the one I need. I guess I just need more cards if I want the big cool ones ha ha not this time!

If there's a space in between the 2 slotted GPU's than the single bridge would work. Some have even bought 2 of them with a side by side look which was nice.

I see the cracks you spoke about, but its not in a place with a lot of heat, which makes me more concerned.
Where did you get the white clips for the cables? I must own those too!!

Jack Evga should pay you as an information center for their SLI bridges. I got 1 of the two card bridges 68mm spacing. works great, it is a little underwhelming after seeing the bigger ones. I was thinking about the 2 bridge thing also. They are still the coolest bridge available. we 2 card people just have envy for the big ones! I imagine this will catch on. these manufactures copy off of each other.

I see the cracks you spoke about, but its not in a place with a lot of heat, which makes me more concerned.

I see with what you're saying. I don't think you should be that alarmed since the other side of the block is the extremely hot part. The water that touches the top will be a little warmer than the one in my reservoir but I don't think you should be too alarmed but if its that bothersome than I would just replace it.

It should be a lesson to both of us how brittle plexxi is. If its not metal I am going Acetal at the most.

Where did you get the white clips for the cables? I must own those too!!

Enjoy ;)

Jack Evga should pay you as an information center for their SLI bridges. I got 1 of the two card bridges 68mm spacing. works great, it is a little underwhelming after seeing the bigger ones. I was thinking about the 2 bridge thing also. They are still the coolest bridge available. we 2 card people just have envy for the big ones! I imagine this will catch on. these manufactures copy off of each other.

Yes, those EVGA bridges are really cool. Some might make something of the same concept, unless EVGA is a pantent troll but I highly doubt.

Looks like AMD doesn't need bridges for their Xfire setups from their newly released GPU's.

Back