• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guide me how to overclock amd sempron 140..allready unlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

miko30

Registered
Please guide me for those who have so many expirience how to overclock cpu's..
Heres my specs..i have 500 watz psu,amd sempron 140 allready unlock second core,running on 2.7 ghz,and stock heatsink and fan,with a temperature of 43 to 45 degrees open 24 hours..,

And my board is Asrock n68-s ucc..,3.0 ghz is enough for me..can someone please guide me..I dont want to fry my board cause i just bought this yesterday..,

thanks..

In BIOS, look under the advanced tab for memory clock, and turn that setting down by 1 increment. Then go to CPU Configuration, and change Overclock mode to Manual. Then, change the CPU frequency from 200 to 222. That should get you a 3GHz clock without much fuss. Just be sure to test it with Prime95 with hardware monitor open.

So long as the computer doesn't freeze, restart or blue screen, and both of the core workers continue to run, and your CPU socket temp doesn't get above ~65, after you run Prime95 for 2 hours, you can be sure that it's stable.

In BIOS, look under the advanced tab for memory clock, and turn that setting down by 1 increment. Then go to CPU Configuration, and change Overclock mode to Manual. Then, change the CPU frequency from 200 to 222. That should get you a 3GHz clock without much fuss. Just be sure to test it with Prime95 with hardware monitor open.

So long as the computer doesn't freeze, restart or blue screen, and both of the core workers continue to run, and your CPU socket temp doesn't get above ~65, after you run Prime95 for 2 hours, you can be sure that it's stable.

hmm so i will only change the cpu frequency?? not the cpu multiplier or adjust some voltage sir?? my first oc is 3310.34 mhz and it bsod after 13 minutes

now im running on 3.1 mhz and my max temperature is 63

here look at this..is this oc enough for a begginer sir?

now im running on 3.1 mhz and my max temperature is 63

You need to dial it back as the max temp you want to reach under load is 55c, also if you want to overclock that CPU you NEED to get better cooling as the stock sempy coolers are poor and can only just cope with a single core at full load, for a in depth guide on how to overclock these CPU's have a read of Dolks guide in the stickys and get a grasp of what you need to do before jumping straight in and running blind

Validations don't really mean much of anything since most are just bragging shots uploaded just before a crash. This very often the situation but not always.

Dlaw wrote you this already and is the expected manner to approach an overclock for stable use.

Dlaw writes >> So long as the computer doesn't freeze, restart or blue screen, and both of the core workers continue to run, and your CPU socket temp doesn't get above ~65, after you run Prime95 for 2 hours, you can be sure that it's stable.

So Prime 95 Blend mode testing for 2 hours is needed to ensure some idea of stability. CPUz validation will not get the job done.

You need to dial it back as the max temp you want to reach under load is 55c, also if you want to overclock that CPU you NEED to get better cooling as the stock sempy coolers are poor and can only just cope with a single core at full load, for a in depth guide on how to overclock these CPU's have a read of Dolks guide in the stickys and get a grasp of what you need to do before jumping straight in and running blind
yeah im planning to buy new hs/fan..,just a little bit longer to earn some money.., well 3.10 ghz on 1.4000 cpu voltage is not bad right or wrong?? sorry im new in overclocking..

Validations don't really mean much of anything since most are just bragging shots uploaded just before a crash. This very often the situation but not always.

Dlaw wrote you this already and is the expected manner to approach an overclock for stable use.

Dlaw writes >> So long as the computer doesn't freeze, restart or blue screen, and both of the core workers continue to run, and your CPU socket temp doesn't get above ~65, after you run Prime95 for 2 hours, you can be sure that it's stable.

So Prime 95 Blend mode testing for 2 hours is needed to ensure some idea of stability. CPUz validation will not get the job done.
i allready run prime 95 in 1 hr and it doesnt detect any problem.. all has passed and no error or blue screen but im running at 45 degrees idle and 59 degrees max temperature.. .

yeah im planning to buy new hs/fan..,just a little bit longer to earn some money.., well 3.10 ghz on 1.4000 cpu voltage is not bad right or wrong?? sorry im new in overclocking..

i allready run prime 95 in 1 hr and it doesnt detect any problem.. all has passed and no error or blue screen but im running at 45 degrees idle and 59 degrees max temperature.. .

You're still too hot at 59c and these little sempys will make 4ghz+ in 24/7 voltages no problem, I only ran mine for a few benches to see what it was like and getting 4ghz out of these should not be a problem (on good cooling)

Here's a link to my quick bench with my 140 as a dual, and you can see 4ghz under 1.5v is doable but if you aim for 3.7/8ghz then I think that's realistic, but only once you're cooling us upgraded

You're still too hot at 59c and these little sempys will make 4ghz+ in 24/7 voltages no problem, I only ran mine for a few benches to see what it was like and getting 4ghz out of these should not be a problem (on good cooling)

Here's a link to my quick bench with my 140 as a dual, and you can see 4ghz under 1.5v is doable but if you aim for 3.7/8ghz then I think that's realistic, but only once you're cooling us upgraded

http://hwbot.org/submission/2274905_kenny_wprime_32m_sempron_140_17sec_860ms

nope..i dont think im getting that massive overclock...im on a stock heatsink and fan.,,my idle is 44 degrees and max is 59... I think nOt all the time im running on 100% cpu usage so i think it wont go at 59 degrees.. maybe 55 when im playing games, haha planning to buy some aftermarket heat sink and fan.., look at my attachment..why are my dram frequency is to low..is this normal??

Attachments

• 12.png
    12.png
    208.9 KB · Views: 1,882
Your'e cpu NB is too low, should be stock 2000 and i dont know what your'e ram is rated at but to change it you need to change the divider in the bios

Your'e cpu NB is too low, should be stock 2000 and i dont know what your'e ram is rated at but to change it you need to change the divider in the bios

ok how am i gonna get this nb to 2000? im in 1840 now..you mean rated on the system assesment?

Your memory is actually running at ~600MHz, as CPU-Z reports the data rate of the DIMM that is displayed. DDR stands for Dual Data Rate, which occurs when you run memory in a dual channel setup, like yours. What is the memory rated for?

Keny, keep in mind that he's reading socket temps, and said he is only really gunning for 3GHz. 59C max on the socket is likely to be well within safe limits at the core. Also, his NB might be stock @ 1000MHz, due to his board? I'm not really sure about that but if all he did was mess with CPU Freq. and voltage, there's no reason that the NB would go anywhere from stock but up, right?

Your memory is actually running at ~600MHz, as CPU-Z reports the data rate of the DIMM that is displayed. DDR stands for Dual Data Rate, which occurs when you run memory in a dual channel setup, like yours. What is the memory rated for?

Keny, keep in mind that he's reading socket temps, and said he is only really gunning for 3GHz. 59C max on the socket is likely to be well within safe limits at the core. Also, his NB might be stock @ 1000MHz, due to his board? I'm not really sure about that but if all he did was mess with CPU Freq. and voltage, there's no reason that the NB would go anywhere from stock but up, right?

Oh yeah, I forgot he has lost core temp readings, due to the unlock (my bad) but how he has got the CPU NB up that high (if he is running HT1.0) without touching the multi is beyond me,and I don't know if his board supports HT3.0 or not as I'm mobile and can't check but I do know that these nforce chipsets pop up all the time on the forums and they always end up causing no end of trouble for the user once there run out of stock, I hope the op has better luck with his but I won't hold my breath

So, in a nutshell, OP wanted to overclock sempy 140 with unlocked core to 3GHz. He succeeded in getting 3.1GHz 1hr Prime95 stable with max temps of 59C, correct?

What we need now is screen shots of CPU-z tabs CPU, Memory and SPD, and a shot of hardware monitor displaying min/maxes during a 2hr run of P95.

54362668.png

heres the Cpu-z SPD tab...

16144869.png

here's the cpu-z memory tab

37522017.png

here's the cpu-z cpu tab..

look at the first picture with the spd tab...,i have a question on that photo sir's

Heres my final 2 hours prime 95

here it is...please check it..:salute: and give me some advice if this oc is enough
thanks for replying on my thread :clap:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,942
I'd say you're good. You passed your goal and it seems to be stable. Not much more you can ask for, right?

As far as if it's enough or not, well that's your call.

Ow it runs pretty well when i lower the core voltage...is it the ram ok right there sir dlaw???look at my picture number 1,,it said pc2 6400 (400) mhz..,does my ram slow's down or thats normal..?? The memory clock on the bios is set to auto..,all i change was the fsb raise to 235 and voltage roll back to 1300 something..,can i change that (400)mhz onto higher mhz as well??

Back