• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guide me how to overclock amd sempron 140..allready unlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The memory speed was lowered if you took my advice in my first response. You can certainly try and get the memory back up to stock speeds or maybe even higher, but that's going to involve a lot of tweaking and more stability tests. Since this is your first overclock, my advice is if it feels faster than before you started, and your happy with it, let her be for now. You can always tweak later on too, you know.

Is it ok to increase the dram frequency and leave the rest to auto??
here take a look sir..

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    347 KB · Views: 277
Well, if it's stable then it's fine. I would run memtest86 for a few hours (overnight?), just to make sure, but absolutely run it there if it can do it.

Your ram is only rated for DDR 800 and you were already overclocking it past it's rating. CPU-z shows the DDR bus rate which is half of the DDR2 transfer rate. So your ram is really running at 470x2 or 940 mhz. Is it stable at that speed? If not, lower the ram divider speed in bios and also lower the CPU multiplier (and other multipliers like HT Link frequency and CPUNB frequency) so that you can continue to push the FSB and incrementally grow the ram frequency closer to it's rated speed or whatever above that it will handle. What a lot of folks don't realize is that with CPUs that have a locked multiplier like yours that' it's only locked upwardly, not downwardly.

Last edited:
Well, if it's stable then it's fine. I would run memtest86 for a few hours (overnight?), just to make sure, but absolutely run it there if it can do it.
uhmm yeah it working fine..i played assasins creed 3 last night for 2 hours an i have no errors encountered..
Your ram is only rated for DDR 800 and you were already overclocking it past it's rating. CPU-z shows the DDR bus rate which is half of the DDR2 transfer rate. So your ram is really running at 470x2 or 940 mhz. Is it stable at that speed? If not, lower the ram divider speed in bios and also lower the CPU multiplier (and other multipliers like HT Link frequency and CPUNB frequency) so that you can continue to push the FSB and incrementally grow the ram frequency closer to it's rated speed or whatever above that it will handle. What a lot of folks don't realize is that with CPUs that have a locked multiplier like yours that' it's only locked upwardly, not downwardly.
Yeah,,its running fine..,,and what would happen if not stable in this clock speed?? Bsod?

Not stable evidence: BSOD, spontaneous restart, lockup, a Prime95 core worker drops out. You need to be able to pass at least two hours of the Prime95 blend test with none of these things happening in order to conclude it's stable.

Not stable evidence: BSOD, spontaneous restart, lockup, a Prime95 core worker drops out. You need to be able to pass at least two hours of the Prime95 blend test with none of these things happening in order to conclude it's stable.

uhmm yeah i will try it later...,and post some screen shots in here... for now im running memtst86,

Uhmm what does acc do?? i have acc option here in my bios?? its disabled and ucc enabled

Back